5s worth every penny!!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by echo44, Sep 20, 2013.

1. echo44, Sep 20, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2013

echo44 macrumors 6502

So I picked up my 5s today in space grey some observations:

I previously had 64gb 5 in black
    this phone looks way better!!!

The fingerprint reader is amazingly fast and has been flawless!!!
    I am blown away and would never go back to entering a passcode number.

The photos are drastically improved.

The speed difference is very noticeable web pages load almost instantaneously
    on my wireless network. I had been running a developer preview and the final version of iOS 7 for weeks and it is way faster to my perceptions on the 5s

If your on the fence don't look back, for me the improvement in the camera alone would be worth it! :D

The purchase process at the chicago store was smooth as could be, They gave me over $200 + credit(don't remember the exact amount) for my beat up iPhone5
    At 7:00 pm there was still a long line. The sales person stated they still had stock in several 5s configurations, out of white and gold!
    People in the store were buying the 5c as well.

One last thing I forgot to mention. When I went from the 4s to the 5, my feelings were great phone was impressed with how thin it was and nice screen. So far the upgrade to the 5s seems much more substantial
    as I said above the camera improvement and fingerprint sensor are a really big deal once you start to use them to me more of a wow factor than the 5 was with its amazing thinness and bigger screen.

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Of course if you're on the fence them get off. But can you post photos from the 5 and 5S?

3. gentlefury macrumors 68030

I agree. I'm loving it. Safari is def rendering pages a lot faster. And camera is amazing.

4. DaGrandMastah macrumors 6502a

Ditto here. I personally think ios looks amazing...especially on the iphone. The Music section looks great and that's one of my main used areas. I love the new quick slide up menu to access the bluetooth, wifi etc.

And yes, super fast.

5. radiologyman macrumors 6502

That alone worth upgrading for me

6. MH01 macrumors G4

MH01

I'm interested in the claims that's it's much faster. I was in store launching apps side by side with my iPhone 5 and the 5s and struggled to see a speed difference. I even tried web pages and they seemed the same, could you recommend a site I could try, or some apps where you found a big difference . I'm going back to the apple store today, and having second thoughts about the 5s I ordered last night.

7. polzii macrumors 6502

It's a matter of opinion. I want the gold one, so i tend to agree. Lots of folks I know would disagree, they are happy with their 4S or ip4 or even android/ feature phones. Shocking! I know :D

----------

Did u check the gold version? Everyone knows gold is the fastest color :p