6.1.2 untethered jailbreak now that Apple is no longer signing

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by lawlist, Aug 14, 2013.

1. lawlist macrumors member

I tried to upgrade my 5.0.1 iPhone4 using Snow, and was dismayed to see that 6.1.2 is no longer accepted by Apple for singing to restore. 6.1.3 is not untethered for an iPhone4. Any ideas?

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

That's always the case.
    You cannot restore to a firmware version that is not signed by Apple.
    For the iphone 4 and 3GS if you saved your shsh blobs while 6.1.2 was still signed you could then restore to that version even if Apple closed the window.
    Not much you can do if you don't have the 6.1.2 blobs for that specific device. Only option would be to stay where you are or go up to 6.1.3 and perform a tethered JB.

3. lawlist thread starter macrumors member

Thank you very much for the quick response -- you save me a great deal of time searching and potentially breaking something -- greatly appreciated. I will start to monitor the jail-break scene on a fairly regular basis so that I don't miss out on the next opportunity :)

4. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Sorry man, like Applejuiced said, your option right now (only best option) is go up to 6.1.3 and do the tethered jailbreak.

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Glad to assist.
    Keeps your ears open and hope soon after ios 7 is out maybe we will see a new JB.