6.7 magnitude quake strikes near Indonesia

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by wordoflife, Apr 3, 2011.

1. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

http://www.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/asiapcf/04/03/indonesia.quake/index.html?hpt=T2

2. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

3. TheShinyMac macrumors 6502a

TheShinyMac

I'll see you on the other side :rolleyes: But on a serious note. This is horrible to hear. I just finished watching "the day the wave came" on youtube and then this came up. If you haven't seen it, you should. Its not for the faint of heart.

4. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Yet scientists think all quakes are unrelated. I bet the Pacific plate has been highly active these late years.

5. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

Really?? That's hard to accept.

The Earth was stressed with that close passage of the Moon, and now, after the massive Japan quake, it's "settling down" again.

When plates are involved, Man has no idea how long this will take. Decades perhaps?

6. SidBala macrumors 6502a

Actually, they just don't know how they are related or how to predict them with any level of accuracy.

7. smetvid macrumors 6502

Are there any other lame ancient world predictions about the end of the world once we get past 2012? I'm kind of getting sick of all of these end of world predictions that everybody swears is accurate and then nothing happens.

I hope we can get past 2012 and all this end of the world nonsense will finally stop for awhile until the year 3000 at least.

A few earthquakes do not mean the end of the world. It just means the area hasn't been as active in awhile and there has been a lot of built up pressure.