6 GOP State Senators Being Recalled

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by mcrain, May 31, 2011.

1. mcrain macrumors 68000

mcrain

6 GOP Senators in Wisconsin being recalled - votes certified.

0 of the DEM Senators who left the state... none have been certified to date.

2. KingYaba macrumors 68040

KingYaba

Recall election? Will we see Gov. Walker on the chopping block as well?

3. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

As I recall, he is not eligible for recall until he is in office for a year.

4. AP_piano295 macrumors 65816

I did a little google work but I'm having a hard time understanding how recall works exactly.

5. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

but it will becoming. Sounds like the Dems will be gaining enough seats there to kill off the bill to strip union rights as the judge threw out the last one.

6. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Good to see this happening. A lot worse should happen to these people, but at least they'll be losing their jobs.

7. CalBoy macrumors 604

CalBoy

I'm confused: have they already been recalled by popular vote or are their names moving onto an official ballot?

8. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Do you have a link, mcrain?

9. Macky-Mac macrumors 68030

Macky-Mac

I suppose it varies from state to state but here in california, when we had a recall for governor a few years back, we actually had two questions on the ballot. One was whether or not the current governor should be turned out of office and the other was an election to see who would replace him in case the recall vote went against him

10. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

It's just moving on to official ballot. They have not been recalled yet.

11. Macky-Mac macrumors 68030

Macky-Mac

as yg17 said, it's all still process, nobody has actually been recalled yet

Milwaukee Journal Sentinel

12. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

It's interesting to watch two different groups, both claiming to represent average Americans.

This came about because middle class folks have been slowly, quietly working on repairing their government.

Contrast that with the tea people, who also claim to represent the middle class, but are loud, pushy, and seem to revel in throwing spanners into the works of government.

The contrast is pretty clear.

Can't wait for some time in July. That's supposedly when Ohio certifies the "repeal SB5" referendum.

13. Sydde macrumors 68020

Sydde

STORY

What I heard was that many of the signatures gathered against the Democrats were obtained by lying to the potential signers about what they were signing.

More detail:
    Note that this particular story is about two weeks old.

14. mcrain thread starter macrumors 68000

mcrain

As you can see the amount of signatures gathered to recall the GOP senators far exceeded those needed.

15. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Doesn't it still need to be voted on? It is easy to sign a piece of paper now lets see if these people will actually vote them out.

16. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

The writing is on the wall for these senators. They better enjoy their government perks while they last.

17. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

I don't know how Wisconsin politics go but people actually have go out and vote them out. Signing a petition is the easy part. Special elections not so much.

18. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

It should be obvious that people are pissed off in Wisconsin. Did you see the size of the protests there? If you think they aren't motivated to vote, you're kidding yourself. Republicans crossed the line trying to **** over part of the middle class. They showed their true colors that we've known were there all along, it's just that no one ever thought they'd actually try it.

Now that they have, they're going to have a very difficult time. I've talked to friends and family in Ohio who say they'll never vote for another Republican, ever (and they themselves are Republicans!).

That's pretty serious.

19. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Wasn't this the GOP platform when they campaigned? The people know it was coming yet still voted them in.

The same can be said here in CT, they elect a democratic governor who said he was going to raise taxes yet people still voted for him and now are bitching that he is raising taxes.

20. mcrain thread starter macrumors 68000

mcrain

No. NO. Hell NO. This was NOT the GOP platform, this was a total and complete elect us and we will do something we never said we would scam.

If you GOP right-wingers want to debate a topic, name the time and place, and we democrats will show up. YOU NEVER DO because you have yet to figure out a way of convincing people that it's ok to take away their rights and their benefits.

21. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

They've been convincing people to do it for years. It's just that they finally went way too far.

22. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

No! They wouldn't do that, would they? :eek:

Correctamundo. This did not come up in Ohio's Republican campaign either, and from what I've heard it didn't in Indiana, Michigan, or any of the other states either. That's why this smells highly of a deceptive plot not just on the part of the governors, but the Republican party in general.

23. mcrain thread starter macrumors 68000

mcrain

Wait a second, can ANYONE point me to a major republican plan that was openly debated before an election?

Anyone?

Any plan?