6 Plus Users, Are You Still Worried About Bending?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Konvictz, Sep 29, 2014.

?

How Worried Are You About The 6 Plus Bending?

1. So Worried That You Will/Have Returned The Phone

26 vote(s)
    6.7%
  2. Quite Worried But You Will Keep It And Use It Carfully

37 vote(s)
    9.5%
  3. Slightly Worried

87 vote(s)
    22.4%
  4. Not At All Worried

239 vote(s)
    61.4%
  1. Konvictz macrumors regular

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-DcUASffHU

Just another video of the bending.

Many are saying its all fake, but how can it be when Apple have admitted it, people on this very forum have put pictures up, and many many people have managed to bend it, like in the video above, they cant ALL be fake?

I think we all deep down know this problem exists. And no doubt Apple will fix this soon because the phone is actually very well built it just needs a bit of reinforcement inside near the volume buttons because thats where MOST people are bending their iphone 6 plus.

Anyway as an iphone 6 plus user, it does worry me because within days of release many many users have reported it, and like I said they cant all be fake.

So I'm just going to be careful with it. Im not going to use a case, number one it adds size to the phone and after all the hype about thinness I want a nice thin phone because it looks good. And secondly why should I have to use a case? If I HAVE to use a case then theres a design fault.

What makes it funny is the iphone 6 does not bend, or if it does very little, yet the iphone 6 plus seems to bend. People are saying oh, its metal of course it bends, funny how both are made of same material and one bends, of course you will say because its larger, but then the plus is thicker, and companies like Apple should be having stress tests during the testing phase like Samsung do.

Anyway,

You guys with the 6 plus, are you worried about your phone bending? Like I said me personally I am somewhat worried about it, not so worried that I will return the phone (I actually know some people who returned their plus because of this bend issue).

2. ayeying macrumors 601

ayeying

No. I have a rugged case and I don't put my phone in my back pocket, regardless if it's the 6+ or 5s.

3. CelestialToys macrumors 6502

I'm only worried that people still seem to find it necessary to start new threads on this.

4. bambooshots macrumors 65816

Never was, never will be.

I treat my $1000 .45 handgun with care. It has its own case.
    I treat my $950 6 Plus with care. It's kept in a case.

I treat my $500 Glock 26 like it owes me money. And throw it in a range bag with other pistols when I go to the shooting range.
    I have treated lesser/cheaper smartphones with less caution than I would for something 2x-3x its cost.

5. penajmz macrumors 68030

penajmz

No. I have no case and I'm not worried. I'm not stupid enough to put any device that size under that much pressure under any circumstances.

6. Konvictz thread starter macrumors regular

Sorry, I'm still worried because these bent iphone 6 plus's are still coming out every day.

This is just a re assurance topic because I intend to keep mine, just kind of seeing if others are on the same boat as me that they will keep it but they are worried.

And people who are not at all worried, what makes you so assured? Does it not worry you slightly about all these bent iphone's?

7. Surf Monkey macrumors 68030

Surf Monkey

Not worried at all. Not sure why anyone is. The "Apple community" is already known for treating their iPhones like newborn babies. Even if the phone were marginally more fragile than previous models what consumer group would be BETTER prepared to deal with that slight inconvenience than us? ;)

8. dave1145 macrumors newbie

dave1145

After seeing all the videos I cancelled my order for the 6+ due to no longer having confidence in the quality of the product.

9. Konvictz thread starter macrumors regular

Lol.

And just wondering, have you ever used your guns?

10. kingofwale macrumors 6502a

kingofwale

can you bend your .45 mm with your bare hand?

Heck, I worry about anything I have (especially electronics) that can be easily bend (or broken).

For now, I'm still set to return my 6+, as soon as they have iPhone 6 in stock.

11. CelestialToys macrumors 6502

What actually seems to be happening is people start up a new thread every day with the same videos of people intentionally bending their iphones...I have only seen 3 or 4 documented reports of iphones bending through normal use.

12. Surf Monkey macrumors 68030

Surf Monkey

Nope. Doesn't worry me in the slightest because I only see a few instances of bent phones and I know Apple stands behind their products.

----------

You'll forgive me I'm sure but given your join date I have a difficult time taking that comment at face value.

13. bambooshots macrumors 65816

Yes, I have. The G26 is my daily carry has has over 10,000 rounds through it. No failures to date. I did change the recoil spring out at 7500 rounds.

The HK45CT I've only had a few months but it's run suppressed almost exclusively which increases stress on the firearm.

14. MattMJB0188 macrumors 68000

MattMJB0188

What is more funny is that all the Apple fanboys denying that the phone bends. That and now they're beloved Apple name is isn't golden anymore. I'm having such a good laugh.

15. Konvictz thread starter macrumors regular

I joined recently as well I think my first comment was a thread saying 'The 5.5 Inch Version Is A Must', then everyone got angry with me and said how is it a must, but I'm pretty happy Apple did bring it out, obviously people like me put pressure on them to release it, and it probably was a little rushed but Oh Well.

And I know two people that returned their plus for 6's because of the bend issue, so it can happen. I probably wont be returning mine because the 6 is too small to justify that much money. I went for the 128gb plus by the way which cost me a lot but its the one I wanted.

And apart from practice rounds, have you ever needed to use it?

16. malevolant macrumors 6502

17. sonicrobby macrumors 68020

sonicrobby

Was never worried. Once I felt that sitting with the 6+ in my jeans pocket caused no tension, I had nothing to worry about.

18. HelloMikee macrumors 6502a

HelloMikee

That's like asking if I'll return my laptop because if I step on the screen and yank the bottom the other way and it breaks, I should be worried.

Simply don't bend your phone people.

19. Konvictz thread starter macrumors regular

It is sort of funny that everyone is saying the video is fake, I dont care if its fake or real, it still dont show how every other bent iphone is not fake.

For the record, theres not just one video of iphone 6 plus bending, there are loads now, and this will rise as more people buy it for testing.

Apple will recover though, very easily, just add a bit of reinforcement near the internals of the volume buttons and its sorted.

HOWEVER,

Apple's build quality has never been questioned like this, well definitely not in terms of iPhone, their build quality was (and you could still say is) far superior than their competitors.

Its their reputation thats taken a slight knock, but the problem will be sorted very soon and we will remember this in the future as a slight hiccup at launch - well I hope thats the case.

But that still does not address the worry that I will continue to have with my 6 plus, like others, it will always be in the back of my mind, be careful it might bend.

And obviously I have been made to look a fool in front of non iphone friends with this bend issue - I should be compensated for the public humiliation. Na only joking Apple...

No, Im serious...

No, not really haha.

----------

Well, I dont want to remind you but I just paid **** loads on an iphone 6 plus 128gb model, that many users even on this forum have reported.

You dont think I have even a slight tiny reason to be concerned? I cant exactly by these expensive iphone's every day if it breaks.

20. wtnon6pls Suspended

wtnon6pls

I suck, because I pre-ordered from T-Mobile!
    Yeah that is why I dont drive over it with a car #

21. CelestialToys macrumors 6502

Did they return them because they were bent or because they were worried that they might bend?

I'll guess that they've had the fear instilled in them by all of these scaremongering threads.

Here's the thing...every year when the new iphone comes out there are threads just like this on these forums, it's usually yellow tinted screens and dead pixels but the past few years it has been bent or scratched iphones.
    Up until this year (with the exception of antennagate) these complaints have stayed within the forums, even though there have been far more complaints, this year the mainstream media have picked up on it along with a couple of people on Youtube and it has been blown out of all proportion.

----------

You have every right to be concerned, you just didn't need to start yet another thread discussing it when there are already several others

22. rui no onna macrumors 601

rui no onna

I'm very slightly concerned about long term use given the chaos that is my purse and since I sometimes end up sleeping on top of my phone (use it as alarm). However, this is Apple. Something goes wrong and it'll probably be quite easy to get a warranty replacement. There's a good chance they may even offer free out of warranty replacements for bent iPhone 6/6+ to maintain PR/goodwill.

23. wtnon6pls Suspended

wtnon6pls

I suck, because I pre-ordered from T-Mobile!
    Good for you. Have a good laugh life is short. I am not a fan of Apple as much as a lover of quality technology. If the phone bends with a good case on it under normal use then I would have a problem with it. Until then I will use and enjoy my iPhone 6 Plus #

24. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921

Nope not worried one bit. I take care of my phones.

25. burgman macrumors 65816

burgman

Now we have added guns and small cases:cool: