6" screen mobile phones

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by gadget123, Oct 16, 2013.

1. gadget123 macrumors 68000

Anybody seen the new Sony phone? It doesn't fit in a pocket. People want a larger Iphone but seriously...There comes a point where it stops being a "mobile".

2. Tiger8 macrumors 68020

I think the phablet is a fashion conspiracy, they want to sell more ladies handbags and start pushing man purses :D

3. tgif1386 macrumors newbie

I am very impress by the spec. on the Sony phone though. :)

4. evorc macrumors 6502a

evorc

5. mcdj macrumors G3

mcdj

If the trend continues, in 2 years' time, people will just lean their faces onto their TVs to make calls.

6. aluren macrumors 65816

7. djtech42 macrumors 65816

djtech42

Have any of the companies given a reason for why people should even buy screens this big?

8. Aye macrumors regular

Stay classy, people, avoid like a plague the ginormous, tacky and disturbing mega phones / phablets!

----------

People are people. It's a given that will happen soon.

9. Ingster macrumors 6502

Ingster

I think if they want to bring in man purses for these phablets, the way to go would be all men to have sporrans, wore a kilt for a friends wedding and loved having the sporran store all my bits and pieces - it's the future I want an apple branded iSporran though!

10. RAPTORSKI macrumors regular

RAPTORSKI

By all means I am a fan of phablets but no way I would ever carry one around as my daily phone/device. The LG G2 or Samsung Galaxy S4 is about the largest phone I would buy for everyday use.

11. Dave Felix, Oct 18, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2013

Dave Felix macrumors 6502a

Dave Felix

I'm a big fan of the phablets as well but that is too big. The thing is Samsung does a pretty good job with the size and usability. Once a phone is over 5 inches, expect it to be difficult to handle. I thought the S4 had the best size and usability though.

I tried out the Note 3 and took it back the same day, I was unhappy, it was just ridiculous how big they think a daily phone should be. I see why the people on the forums don't want Apple to go to 5.7 inches and trust me.. they won't.