6+ signal woes. Carrier, device or iOS to blame?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Fzang, Oct 29, 2014.

1. Fzang, Oct 29, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2014

Fzang macrumors 65816

Fzang

In the open I can get 4G just fine. However, getting near any building and I get downgraded to Edge. When I switch location I usually have to nudge the airplane mode to make it find 4G again.

Does anyone else have this issue, or is it because everything is made out of concrete in this country?

My carrier is China Mobile 中国移动 if any China-dwellers happen to see this :p

2. kepler20b macrumors 6502

china probably only has higher frequency lte bands. they are notorious for being poor at building penetration

3. Fzang thread starter macrumors 65816

Fzang

The bands are all around 2500 MHz, so I guess that might be a significant factor.

4. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I can't answer about China, but here for me and my wife, we're receiving excellent carrier strength. Probably better in the IP6+ then our iPhone 5 and 5c respectively.

5. Eileen89 macrumors 65816

6+ signal woes. Carrier, device or iOS to blame?

I say it could very well be the carrier and not the device. I recently purchased a 6 Plus from Verizon and found that the signal was lousy. Mostly 3G with sporadic LTE here in the Philly suburbs. Tried the same phone with my AT&T Sim and boom! I have LTE service everywhere I go with my new 6 Plus.
    OP, try a different carrier and see if your reception improves.

6. sillywabbit macrumors 6502a

I get better reception on my iPhone 5 than my new iPhone 6 plus.

In the same spot I would get a constant LTE signal, but with I phone 6 plus, it will switch between LTE and 3G and 1x.