6 Year old Boy asks Obama to Bring Home Syrian Boy To Live With Him

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by bradl, Sep 22, 2016.

1. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

Political issues aside, everyone, this is what it's all about: the love for one another and the gift of human compassion. It would take lesser men with cold hearts, especially those who are not parents or are too caught up in themselves to not choke up on this one.

I'm sure you remember Omran Daqneesh. Name doesn't sound familiar? Let's add a face to the name:

[​IMG]

Pretty sure you're familiar with him now. Now, a 6 year-old New York boy wrote a letter to President Obama asking him if he could bring Omran here, so he could live with his family. I'll let NPR pick it up from here.

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-...ks-obama-to-bring-syrian-boy-to-live-with-him

The article includes the transcript of Alex's letter, but I think it would be better shown not only by Alex himself, but by the letter outright.

[​IMG]

For those going on and on about the politics of Syria, hopefully this should make you step back, take pause, and realize that our children are watching what we do, how we act, and how we present ourselves to others locally and around the world. If only you could be like Alex, who appears have a sense of compassion, which appears to have been lost over the past 15 - 16 years.

BL.

2. jkcerda Suspended

jkcerda

does he know the guy who recently bombed NY came here at age 7 or so? how about instead of bringing people in we STOP bombing the crap out of them while arming the rebels?

3. bradl thread starter macrumors 68040

bradl

Thank you for proving my point.

BL.

4. jkcerda Suspended

jkcerda

you spelled "feelings" wrong. you even overlooked the fact I want to stop making them refugees in the first place.

5. impulse462 Suspended

impulse462

ignoring your first sentence, its an admirable goal. however what do you do about the people who are suffering NOW like this kid in the picture

6. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

If only there weren't millions of military aged males fleeing Syria they could stand and fight to prevent such atrocities.

Yep. A 6 year old wrote that letter with no ideas from his parents. No possible way it could be propaganda.:rolleyes:Speaking of parents, what kind of parents allow their 6 year old to view images from a war zone.

7. jkcerda Suspended

jkcerda

wish them the best, not much you can do , pretty stupid to go burn down your neighbors home and them bring them to yours thinking they will be grateful. IMHO anyways.

8. bradl thread starter macrumors 68040

bradl

No.. I pretty much have it right. Instead of taking his reaching out to someone he doesn't even know and wanting to give him a home, you'd rather jump all over him about someone who came in at 7, did something 20something years later, and grandstand back on the same platform you've been arguing on.

Again, thank you for proving the point that a 6 year old kid actually cares more about other children and their plights than the adults who can actually do something about it.

BL.

9. impulse462 Suspended

impulse462

lol what wish them the best? and its not like burning down your neighbors home. its like the head a subdivision burning down another subdivisions homes and its inhabitants coming to your home so their 5 year old kids don't die

10. jkcerda Suspended

jkcerda

so those who walked the trail of tears should be happy someone had compassion for them by offering safe heaven instead of stopping the bloodshed? if you really want to do something about it, STOP voting/endorsing candidates that want to stay at war.
    --- Post Merged, Sep 22, 2016 ---
    who armed the rebels? Obama, who is bombing Syria? Obama. by extension that happens to be the U.S. you guys are under some grand illusion of being "liberators", that crap did not work in Libya & it's sure as hell not going to work in Syria, Hillary is too ***** stupid to see that.

11. impulse462 Suspended

impulse462

ok, you may be right, but what obama did and what the syrian rebels did has nothing to do with me or other syrian civilians trying to flee now

12. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

"Mr Bash describes a foreign policy more hawkish than that of the current administration. He said there were a "lot of clues" to how Mrs Clinton will behave as commander-in-chief from her time as secretary of state. During that time she championed the intervention in Libya and advocated the arming of Syrian rebels against the regime."

Linkage

13. zin macrumors 6502

If Obama cared about that boy then why is he arming terrorists that behead children? This is a sad attempt to use this boy as a propaganda tool to strengthen support for his refugee policy. Obama falsely claimed in his UN speech that most refugees are women and children. The UN itself says that 54% are men.

Nobody knows who they are. The State Department says it takes 18-24 months to properly vet them. A letter from a 6 year old isn't going to dispel the very real security risks.

A better solution would be to stop arming terrorists in order to facilitate regime change in Syria and pull out of the Middle East completely. You'd be amazed how easily the radicalists get defeated once they stop receiving American weapons and U.S. planes stop bombing Syrian Army sites.

14. jkcerda Suspended

jkcerda

NY bomber, San Bernardino shooters, Forth Hood shooter & the Boston bombers didn't care and attacked Americans, and of course I am right.

15. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

I just wanted to chime in, adding a smidgen of emphasis to the part of the point people tend to overlook from a lot of people:

People ignoring the aspect you mentioned is tantamount to manipulation, if not exploitation.

That's where US involvement should go toward, IMHO, helping citizens worldwide (in the US and other countries), and preventing these atrocities that make refugees and other issues, like miscommunication, in the first place and getting their people to help. Work with one another, not against. But 50 quatloos to anyone who can figure out the biggest dichotomy.
    How does the UN know all that, not just the 54% part but all the content in your 3 paragraphs?

16. bradl thread starter macrumors 68040

bradl

And yet that does nothing for the ongoing war that still would be occurring. People would still be dying from atrocities over there, regardless of who we voted in or out of office.

And those who walked the Trail of Tears walked it due to the oppression of the same country who caused that bloodshed, not a third party privy to it. If you're going to bring the Trail of Tears into this, be sure to have your facts straight, as that is a different situation compared to this.

All of which, BTW, still has nothing to do with the fact that a 6 year old boy has more compassion for his fellow men and children than most other people in this country, let alone in this thread.

Yet no mention of Humayun Khan. or Accrasicauda. I wonder why.

BL.

17. impulse462 Suspended

impulse462

what is the point of listing those people? none of those people were some syria nor were they refugees.

18. yaxomoxay macrumors 68000

yaxomoxay

is the Obama administration admitting that foreign policy is ran better by 6yo kids?

19. jkcerda, Sep 22, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2016

jkcerda Suspended

jkcerda

you are under some weird assumption that I care if they want to have a civil war and tear each other apart, I don't care, their country/their problem, you are seemingly ok with the French killing American Indians because god forbid others who are natives kill them, HELL it's fine if the French kill American Indians AS LONG AS THEY OFFER THEM REFUGE WHEN THEY FLEE :rolleyes:.

if you "feel" offering them safe haven after arming the rebels & bombing their country is more compassionate than ending the war then I can see why the feelings of a 6 y/o kid suit you.

20. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

"What foreign policy?"-Obama

21. impulse462 Suspended

impulse462

im sure trumps suggestion of bombing their families is a better idea

22. jkcerda Suspended

jkcerda

some liberals would call that a false equivalency. :D

in case I was not clear.
    STOP voting/endorsing candidates that want to stay at war.

23. bradl thread starter macrumors 68040

bradl

Yet you are seemingly okay with Americans killing those same American Indians in the name of Manifest Destiny and wanting to take their land. After all, that is what lead to the Trail of Tears.

As for caring and not caring, again, you prove my point. And it really says a lot that a 6 years would truly care while an adult such as yourself and others would not. That really says a lot, and should really have you show pause, look at yourself in the mirror and ask yourself if that is truly the person you really want others to see. If so, I refer to my earlier comment about colder, stone-like hearts.

6 years ago, I probably would have agreed with you. Now, if I put my 6 year-old son and 4 year-old daughter in Omran's position, I see a completely different side of things, where first I'd get that child out of there any way I could, make sure that child is okay, physically, mentally, and emotionally (even knowing the latter two will take years to fix). Then I'd concentrate on stopping the bloodshed. A child should not have to go through that, and if that means having a moniker of being soft or having a softer heart/sense of compassion, I'd wear that with pride and with no regrets.

BL.

24. jkcerda Suspended

jkcerda

1. how so? because you can't handle facts & your feelings are making you say/ imply stupid crap? :rolleyes:

2. again, 6 y/o mentality is all yours, god forbid we stop endorsing the killing by not voting for candidates that insist on the killing.

3. again, it's ok of someone kills you as long as the killers offer your kids safe haven. you need to grow up.

25. impulse462 Suspended

impulse462

like trump?