62 percent of Democrats and independents don't want Clinton to run again

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by jkcerda, Dec 22, 2016.

1. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/12/poll-democrats-independents-no-hillary-clinton-2020-232898

DNC might be stupid enough to support her again.

2. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

Because at this point it has become pathetic.

3. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

is it a surprise? I mean she lost to a cheeto so she must be jinxed.

4. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

What winning? Never.

5. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

She lost to a black junior senator with next to no experience and a orange guy with zero experience. Unless she's up against someone without a pulse, her odds aren't that great.

6. TheAppleFairy macrumors 68020

TheAppleFairy

Who are they polling? UC Berkeley? Only 62%? I would think it would be so much higher. This is a result of fake news. Mostly CNN and MSNBC, that gives her this high of rating.

7. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

I'm amazed that a third of those polled still want her to run. Just no. She clearly can't win an election and all her downsides will still be apparent in four years.

Frankly, I hope that the American public won't give the Clinton nor Bush family members a political position north of City Council for a couple of generations. We don't need a political dynasty.

8. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

Poor ol' Jeborah doesn't get to follow in Daddies or Brothers shoes. Like or not America got saved from two family dynasties.

9. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

That's probably the only good news out of Trump's win—I know you feel differently.

Have to give him some credit, he smashed both dynasties.

10. unlinked macrumors 6502a

I guess Hillary could be a modern day Nixon and become president after losing.
    --- Post Merged, Dec 22, 2016 ---
    Ivanka for president 2032?

11. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

Am I that easy to read? :D

12. chown33 macrumors 604

It's worse than that:
    "... 23 percent would be excited by her campaign if she did [run]."​

Probably explained by this one important factor.

There are some other interesting results in the poll, like:
    Should Congress and the new Trump administration investigate whether Russia tried to meddle in the U.S. presidential election?
    Yes 62% No 33%​

13. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

She'll come back with new plastic surgery and people will look at her differently. Is it the public or the DNC that keeps her afloat? We know the Clinton's can fund raise like no ones business, the DNC has to like the influx of money.

14. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

That's a really good point. The Clintons are fantastic at raising money, but I'm just not sure that anyone, even the Clintons themselves, are interested in another run.

I hope they don't try again, if for nothing else, that Clinton's 2016 run effectively staunched all potential challengers, leaving the DNC's bench for 2020 pretty shallow.

The DNC didn't get the chance to let other candidates get tested in the primary and learn how to run. And, I think the Clinton campaign wasted Tim Kaine.

One thing that struck me during the last days of the election was that Clinton remained after a year of campaigning, a decidedly mediocre speaker. Kaine ran circles around her, flipping into Spanish and back with aplomb, and Sanders was just a barnstormer in comparison.

15. 576316 macrumors 601

Naa. I heard Michelle is gonna run next time...

16. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Bernie will be too old, and I don't think the Obama family is going to be keen to jump back in after a 4 year break. Michelle probably has a good chance in the future if she wants though.

Clinton has failed twice because she is a horrible candidate, running her again would be the same as throwing your hands up and giving up, she has nothing left to say.

17. chown33 macrumors 604

Survey saaays:
    Do you think Michelle Obama should run for elective office in the future?
    Yes: 39% No: 53%​

18. kobalap macrumors 6502

Its the same place liberals get their global warming data from.

19. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Yes because there's a worldwide conspiracy of scientists to make it up :rolleyes:

20. Desertrat macrumors newbie

Clinton? I never believed her BS lies from the git-go. Were she to come up with some new lies for another campaign trail effort, why would they become magically believable?

Sanders or a Sanders type? We can see how his ideas helped Venezuela.

Trump won because of a rising tide of populism. Happened in England with Brexit. Happening in Italy and in France. On the verge in other European countries.

The continuing economic decline will see an even stronger repugnance of "business as usual" in governments, whose self-identified elitists continue the same failed experiments while praying for different results.

Interesting times...

21. Oudinot macrumors regular

Oudinot

I think she should run again for POTUS. She is definitely qualified to run and can raise big money. She has experience as a candidate and was Secretary of State. She is a warm, compassionate person always looking out for the "little guy". I definitely feel she would make a great candidate.

22. alex2792 macrumors 6502a

23. 1458279 Suspended

I bet that poll would have been the same in 2008 :D

I don't think very many Americans really wanted Clinton to run in the first place. It's amazing that someone so unlikeable made it so far in our system, if it weren't for her amazing corruption that gives her great power, she would have never made as far as she did.
    --- Post Merged, Dec 25, 2016 ---
    That's interesting, I wonder if she could go down with a trifecta of presidential losses. I wonder if that would cause some level of self-reflection.

24. 0007776 Suspended

Then they should have voted in the primaries and put someone else in as the nominee. Even if they didn't like Sanders there were other candidates at the beginning.The majority that bothered to vote in the Democratic primaries wanted her, and the majority of voters in the general election wanted her as well. However if she were to try to run again in 2020 I think the Democrats will be smart enough to realize that they need to focus on the economy not social issues. Social issues are a losing issue either way. In the last part of Obama's term the Democrats focused primarily on social issues while Trump largely ignored them and the Democrats weren't able to get a broad enough base to win the states they need. I think the Democrats have a lock on the popular vote for the foreseeable future, but unless they start also addressing economic issues that matter to midwesterners they will have a hard time winning the Electoral college.

25. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

She had the super delegates on her side. "Voting" was a joke