All iPads 64gb wifi ipad air or 64gb tmobile ipad mini with retina?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by 3rdiguy, Nov 12, 2013.

1. 3rdiguy macrumors 6502a

3rdiguy

Hi, I'm just asking for feedback. I'm gonna spend $800 and don't want to finance an ipad. I'm stuck between 64gb wifi ipad air and tmobile ipad mini w/retina. With a full price mini with tmobile I can get 200mb for life. Forgot to add I have verizon iPhone 5 with unlimited data and unlimited tethering. Is there a lot of zooming for PDFs and other text? I had an ipad 4 & sold it so I just like to hear different opinions.

2. slffl, Nov 12, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2013

slffl macrumors 65816

slffl

Oh, didn't noticed you said mini. I'll let you know when I get the rMini as I have the Air now.

3. herdnerfer macrumors 6502

You realize the financing is %100 free with T-Mobile? Might as well put that money in your savings account and drain it $26.25 a month at a time.

Of course if you don't have a T-Mobile cell, it becomes more of a hassle.

4. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

I use a big iPad (now Air) for work stuff like writing & editing PDFs & a mini for home stuff like casual games, reading, using as a remote. If I could only have one it would be the Air b/c writing & editing on a small screen slows me down too much. So I'd say it depends on what you plan on doing with your iPad.

5. nostresshere macrumors 68030

Wow... you are mixing up lots of different choices.

Wifi only or Cellular
    Ipad mini vs Ipad Air

You really need to figure out which is gonna work better for you. Larger screen Ipad Air, or small screen/profile Mini.

Once you have that figured out, you have to decide how often you need cellular and is it worth the $130 extra, plus data plans.

As an experienced user with these devices, I will tell you it is not easy. Take it one step at a time and balance what your NEEDS will be going forward.

6. 3rdiguy thread starter macrumors 6502a

3rdiguy

Not for me. I'd have to pay half the cost upfront plus sign up for a data plan. I already have unlimited tethering. If I chose the mini it would be for the free 200mb(never know when it will come in handy) and the GPS chip.

7. 3rdiguy thread starter macrumors 6502a

3rdiguy

Looks like I will just keep it simple and buy the wifi air. For $30 more I would get a cellular mini,smaller screen, free 200mb for life. After having and ipad 4, chances are I'd miss that screen size when watching movies which I do a lot of or plan to. I'd get a cellular ipad air but I want to keep it at or under $800. Maybe I will wait until a used 64gb cellular air is available at CEX and trade up and pay the difference. I ordered the free tmobile nano sim so I will be ready just in case.