Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

heartburn

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 23, 2008
NorCal
Okay so here's a weird and annoying thing I've noticed after having the 6s for a week: The fingerprint sensor is completely disabled whenever I plug in the charger. This never happened with my 5s or 6 either, and it doesn't happen when it's plugged into my MacBook. I've tried multiple cables, charger bricks, outlets around the house, etc. but nothing gives. It's not a huge thing, being that I only charge my phone when I'm going to sleep. But is this happening to anyone else?

chrfr

macrumors G5
Jul 11, 2009
I have one outlet in my apartment that prevents me from using Touch ID on my iPad mini 3 and iPhone 6. It's likely not the phone but something involving your outlet.
If I make sure to touch a metal part in the iPhone or iPad, Touch ID works fine in that outlet.

AbSoluTc

Suspended
Sep 21, 2008
I have one outlet in my apartment that prevents me from using Touch ID on my iPad mini 3 and iPhone 6. It's likely not the phone but something involving your outlet.
If I make sure to touch a metal part in the iPhone or iPad, Touch ID works fine in that outlet.

I would not use that outlet. Sounds like it's not grounded and it's working because you're grounding yourself. Use caution.

Pips333

macrumors newbie
Sep 28, 2015
Actually I'm finding that 3D Touch goes crazy while I'm charging the phone.

Totally random apps open which have no relation to what icon im using 3D Touch on and the mini lists don't stay open when you take your finger off the icon and other random stuff.

Very odd but all ok when I take it off charge .....

chrfr

macrumors G5
Jul 11, 2009
I would not use that outlet. Sounds like it's not grounded and it's working because you're grounding yourself. Use caution.
It actually is grounded properly, but why this one outlet doesn't work with Touch ID is a mystery.

Pips333

macrumors newbie
Sep 28, 2015
I was just informed that my 3D Touch issue was due to using a non- Apple charger that charges faster .

It could be a similar issue for Touch ID.

So yes could be an earthing issue or a charger putting out too much charge and causing an overload of some sort ?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.