6th Gen. iPhone Camera?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ty7u5, May 21, 2012.

1. ty7u5 macrumors member

We have heard a decent amount of rumors about processors, screen size, and design of the next iPhone, but what we really have heard next to nothing about is its camera. Apple seems to put a good bit of thought into what images come out of its cameras, and I was wondering what people think we'll get with the latest refresh. What I'm thinking is a new 10 MP camera, with even more advanced optics and flash. What are your thoughts?

2. moldy lunchbox, May 21, 2012
    Last edited: May 21, 2012

moldy lunchbox macrumors 6502a

moldy lunchbox

I think the camera will stay the same, atleast on the back. Most phones these days are sticking to 8mp shooters and 4S already has the one of the best, if not the best, on the market. There's another phone (I forget the name) with a 16 mp sensor, but I still don't think the images came out that much better than the 4S optics.
    Plus, Apple kept the same camera from the iPhone 1st gen until the 3GS came out so this might be the case.

The front camera hopefully will improve to 1.3mp.

3. DroidRules macrumors 65816

I think this could have been added to one of the other 20 iP5 threads. I could make one up about the volume buttons, the home button, the power button the back, front, ect ect.

Why make new posts?

Of course the comera will be better..... I'm betting on 20mp and a telephoto lense that pops out the back of the phone.

4. Spectrum Abuser macrumors 65816

Spectrum Abuser

Ok. It's equally as annoying when a valid thread is spammed with 'post in an already created thread'. This is a forum after all and if everyone followed that logic we'd still be posting on iPhone '5' rumor threads from last year.

*On topic*
    It's too early to tell if the phone is indeed set to release this fall. The HTC Titan II did bring 16MP shooters to the table. The single shots look stunning, but the video performance is only on par with the Nokia Lumia 900 which has an 8MP lens.

5. Widashy macrumors regular

Widashy

You seem to get really upset seeing some speculation posts and yet here you are at Macrumors.

6. DroidRules macrumors 65816

LoL... no, I don't think we need 20 speculation posts. Do the people that write them have no life or do they want attention so much they feel the need to make a new thread about an issue that has been covered in 20 other ones? Things that make you go hmmmm.