7.1 WiFi issues

nitromac

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 29, 2012
US
Anyone else having wifi issues with a 5S and ios 7.1? My wifi is dropping out consistently where it used to work 100% of the time. And it seems a lot slower. This happens both on a home network and a university network. It will connect, work for a few seconds, drop out, connect again, and if I'm lucky it will stay connected for a few more minutes only to drop out again.

It all worked fine before 7.1. On the bright side my phone is now running 3 days without a charge...

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Have you tried rebooting and perhaps resetting network settings to see if that might make a difference?

James1970

macrumors newbie
Mar 9, 2012
7.1 WiFi issues

It is official folks. Even on my iPhone 5s with a fresh 7.1 iOS the tethering is not connecting. Tried everything by the book and out of the book without luck. Tethering was working fine before 7.1

Never mind. I had to put the password on the laptop to get to work. It works fine now. Sorry for the hype and jumping the gun.

Last edited:

white4s

macrumors 68000
Nov 15, 2011
New Jersey
Anyone else having wifi issues with a 5S and ios 7.1? My wifi is dropping out consistently where it used to work 100% of the time. And it seems a lot slower. This happens both on a home network and a university network. It will connect, work for a few seconds, drop out, connect again, and if I'm lucky it will stay connected for a few more minutes only to drop out again.

It all worked fine before 7.1. On the bright side my phone is now running 3 days without a charge...
try the reset network settings option