7 year old girl fatally shot in botched police raid.

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Simgar988, May 17, 2010.

1. Ttownbeast macrumors 65816

2. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

3. 184550 Guest

This is a tragic accident. The fault for this incident is, in my opinion, entirely with the girls parents/ family who created a situation in their house which neccesitated police action. Sadly her families actions caused her untimely death.

4. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

Looks like the details are still emerging. Its a tragedy anyway you put it.

5. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Depending on whether or not the fugitive was harbored in their house will be the determining factor of who gets blamed. Still ****** situation.

6. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Because no one ever searches the wrong house. :rolleyes:

7. Ttownbeast macrumors 65816

I said my piece on this topic, but I have a very funny feeling this one is going to turn south and a lot of us are going to suffer for it here in the forums though an interesting topic this will probably find itself better off in the wastelands.

8. calderone macrumors 68040

calderone

CNN is reporting that they did in fact enter the wrong house.

9. AP_piano295 macrumors 65816

Your right its the parents fault because they lived in the wrong neighborhood.

How do you live with yourself?

Edit: And NO a bullet (as in a small piece of metal moving at hundreds of miles per hour) caused her untimely death. And to be more precise a human being firing a weapon caused her untimely death.

If you leave your door unlocked and a murderer enters your house and kills your family is that murder on you because you failed to lock the door??

10. Simgar988 thread starter macrumors 65816

Simgar988

Why? Cuz it's too controversial for us?? In PRSI? Hmmm

11. Sdashiki macrumors 68040

Sdashiki

Im sure people here would agree with that statement :rolleyes:

12. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

How bout we wait till the investigation is over. If these parents were willingly keeping a murder suspect in their home then the blame is entirely on them. If the police busted the wrong house and shot a kid then its all on them.

13. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

Pretty much sums it up...

14. tigres macrumors 68040

tigres

Attorney Jeffery Fieger has taken the case as of last night. Stated they had video evidence that the police actually shot before the house was entered.

Unfortunately, our local news is filled with these sad stories the first 10 minutes nightly; not to diminish this in any way. I avoid the local news mostly nowadays. :(

15. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Probably because the investigation isn't over and a kid was shot. Things tend to get ugly in here, and a 7 year old is dead.

16. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

You are unbelievable.

17. AP_piano295 macrumors 65816

Wait for the "investigation" to be over is the oldest play in the book when it comes to cops screwing the pooch. They start a long internal investigation, nothing comes of it and then everyone forgets about the event.

If people keep talking about it and keep focus on it then maybe justice will be served.

18. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

I'm sure we will find some people who will defend this just like in the last thread.

19. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

I find the internal investigation I find is much more truthful than the mass media. The mass media jumps to conclusion and looks for controversy.

I also find that mass media does not report the out come if it is what we want it to be. They only report it if it would cause a mass out rage. They also will not report the complete truth. The media cares little for the truth but more to make the people out rage.

In this investigation I am wanting to know what the out come is. It could be during the struggle a weapon got accidentally discharged and the little girl was hit. I have a feeling the cop's who gun it came from feels really bad.

There are a lot of unanswered question here but I do not expect the media to report the entire truth. They will only report what pisses off the masses.

20. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

Luckily A&E was recording the whole event for their television program. According the the families lawyer their isn't much debate about what happened.

Now I'm sure the lawyer is going to steer all opinions in his desired direction but considering someone was shot and killed and it was videotaped I can only assume the police were at fault.

We shall see.

21. Peterkro macrumors 68020

Peterkro

I'm see you're consistent in your views

22. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

Find better media sources, not everybody does this.

23. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

the big players all do though. Hell the AP is not worth much any more as they have gone from basic facts to more messing with to swing favor one way or the other.

When the AP is going down in value in truthfulness then the mass media is pretty bad. The fact of the matter is the media stop caring about the truth a long time ago and now go for what ever gets them the move views and highest ratings.

24. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

The AP story on this subject is roughly similar to the CNN story. Are you arguing that both are spun in a particular way?

Again, arguing about one or another media source doesn't prove that all media sources are problematic. You can make the argument, but without some order of study or proof, this is just your opinion.

EDIT: One thing that's interesting is how the Fox News story (served by MyFoxDetroit) uses only Assistant Chief Ralph Goodbee's news conference as a source and then refers back to the crime that caused the raid. The Detroit Free Press story has the widest variety of sources, referring to a local crime watch group, the parents, the lawyer, and Goodbee. They also reference the murder of Jarean Blake.

The Fox News story and the Detroit Free Press story also note that the "gun went off" during a struggle, but the Detroit Free Press story goes into more detail, including a description of the raid—apparently the 'flash-bang grenade' burned the girl before she was killed.

I note that you're conflating two very different media genres, newspaper and wire journalism with television news. I would argue that both serve different needs and that television journalism is much more interested in ratings, while newspapers have to contend with subscription rates. Both are very different genres.