70 mb of photos and videos but icloud shows 500 mb

Discussion in 'iOS 9' started by FatPuppy, Nov 29, 2015.

1. FatPuppy macrumors 68000

FatPuppy

I use icloud photo library and I have about 70 mb worth of photos and videos but they all take about half a gig of storage on icloud. "Recently deleted" is empty on my phone and when I transferred the photos and the videos to my pc, it showed that I have 70 mb so this is the actual size. I tried to disable and enable icloud photo library but still nothing. Photostream is off, and I have ios 8.4.1.

2. Michael Goff macrumors G5

Michael Goff

If you have optimize storage on phone, would it lower the size on the phone?

3. FatPuppy thread starter macrumors 68000

FatPuppy

I don t have "optimize storage" on but on the phone, the whole library takes about 200 mb and in the icloud 500 mb, even though I have the exact same files.

4. Michael Goff macrumors G5

Michael Goff

Then I have no idea.

5. BOR15 macrumors newbie

go to your pics and look in your recently deleted. if there is anything there remove it. Now go to your date and time settings and change the date back something like 2 years. now go back to your recently deleted and check if there is anything. if so delete it also.

i had this problem where i had 800mb of pics i couldn't account for. I did this and it fixed it.

6. FatPuppy thread starter macrumors 68000

FatPuppy

Nope, nothing, the "2 years" trick didn't work, the "recently deleted" still looks as empty as my future.