Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wdlove

macrumors P6
Original poster
Oct 20, 2002
70% of Adults Admit to This Indiscretion

Nearly three-fourths of adults admit to indulging in at least one ice cream indiscretion. (What did you think we meant? Sheesh.) They've eaten it in bed. They kept a secret stash hidden from the spouse and kids. They've even eaten it for breakfast. At least, that's the word from Harris Interactive, which conducted a poll for Perry's Ice Cream Company Inc.

I scream. You scream. We all scream for ice cream. Search the Recipe Finder to get dozens of tasty recipes using ice cream!

Don't tell Mom, but some of the more unusual eating patterns uncovered are:
Eat ice cream instead of a meal: 26 percent
Eat ice cream for breakfast: 10 percent
Eat ice cream in bed: 19 percent
Eat ice cream in the bathtub: 3 percent
Share a single container with two spoons and a loved one: 22 percent
Wait to be alone to eat ice cream: 14 percent
Sneak extra servings: 22 percent
Pick out the nuts, candy, and other chunky stuff so others don't get it first: 8 percent

Find out how you can eat at Dairy Queen and other fast food restaurants an actually lose weight!

And who has the most ice cream indiscretions? "Ice cream indiscretions appear to be a part of life for most American adults," said Michael J. Griffin, senior product manager for Harris Interactive. "Though men and women are equally likely to commit these indiscretions, women generally kept up with or exceeded men's likelihood to commit some of the most interesting, more unusual ice cream indiscretions."

Ambrose Chapel

macrumors 65816
Jul 24, 2002
Massachusetts
i've been told that in the boston/cambridge metro area we have the greatest number or proportion of gourmet ice cream stores...something to that effect. christina's in inman sq is prolly my favorite. green tea ice cream...mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

rainman::|:|

macrumors 603
Feb 2, 2002
iowa
my problem is that i buy a couple boxes of ice-cream bars... then i eat them all at once. is that an indescretion? ;) They're just so damn chocolatey-goodness...

pnw

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
Let's see, I haven't had ice cream since...

The temperature went into triple digits, and would leave the ice cream a container of luke warm muck by the time I get home. :(

Or was it the ice cream gremlins that lived in the freezer and kept eating the ice cream buckets in record time.

uhlawboi80

macrumors 6502
Sep 8, 2002
houston
hmm...i dont really like ice cream. when i rarely eat ice cream its only fudge brownie chinck from ben and jerrys. i dont reall eat most cake either...needless to say i wasnt a blast at birthday parties growing up...then i simply wouldnt eat ice cream or cake period. :p

wdlove

macrumors P6
Original poster
Oct 20, 2002
Originally posted by Ambrose Chapel
i've been told that in the boston/cambridge metro area we have the greatest number or proportion of gourmet ice cream stores...something to that effect. christina's in inman sq is prolly my favorite. green tea ice cream...mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

We are also big ice cream eaters year round. Any season is ice cream season! My weakness is banana ice cream!

cr2sh

macrumors 68030
May 28, 2002
downtown
Re: 70% Of Americans admit this indescretion

Originally posted by wdlove

Eat ice cream instead of a meal: 26 percent
Eat ice cream for breakfast: 10 percent
Eat ice cream in bed: 19 percent
Eat ice cream in the bathtub: 3 percent
Share a single container with two spoons and a loved one: 22 percent
Wait to be alone to eat ice cream: 14 percent
Sneak extra servings: 22 percent
Pick out the nuts, candy, and other chunky stuff so others don't get it first: 8 percent

I've never done any of those things.... :confused:

Anyone ever eaten a M&M McFlurry and McChicken Sandwich at the same time? around here we call that "flavor country." Try it, its actually really good.

XnavxeMiyyep

macrumors 65816
Mar 27, 2003
Washington
Out of those things, I have done the following:
Eat ice cream instead of a meal
Eat ice cream for breakfast
Wait to be alone to eat ice cream
Sneak extra servings

How I love my fast metabolism:D

Powerbook G5

macrumors 68040
Jun 23, 2003
St Augustine, FL
Metabolism is our friend...I remember when I was little I used to come home from middle school and take one of my mom's mixing bowls and fill it with ice cream with frosted cheerios on top...damn, how did I become a skinny 6' 158 lbs?

wdlove

macrumors P6
Original poster
Oct 20, 2002
Originally posted by XnavxeMiyyep
Out of those things, I have done the following:
Eat ice cream instead of a meal
Eat ice cream for breakfast
Wait to be alone to eat ice cream
Sneak extra servings

How I love my fast metabolism:D

Enjoy your fast metabolism while it lasts. ;) You will find that it will slow down as you get older, especially after 35 - 40!

King Cobra

macrumors 603
Mar 2, 2002
Originally posted by Doctor Q
I heard that wdlove masticates in public!

LMFAO! Nice going there, Q-lo. :eek: :eek:

Sun Baked, ever heard of a cooler and ice packs...or perhaps Ghostbusters?
__

There isn't a DQ up here for about an hour's drive. But the Edy's chocolate mousse that is served in mini-marts (and regular marts) is high quality and creamy.

BTW: Do the statistics include whipped cream? :D

Powerbook G5

macrumors 68040
Jun 23, 2003
St Augustine, FL
DQ isn't all that great, though. We have a Kilwins here that has ice cream to die for...mmm...my personal favorite is a scoop chocolate chip peanut butter with a scoop of cookies in cream on top on a waffle cone.

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
Originally posted by Powerbook G5
DQ isn't all that great, though.
I hope you guys are talking about Dairy Queen and not Doctor Q!

We used to have a dog ("Max") who loved ice cream cones. Anytime you were eating a cone, he'd come over, put his nose near your knees, and stare into your eyes as you ate, to make sure he got the tip of the cone. He's been gone for years, but we still say "Here, Max!" whenever we finish the last bite of an ice cream cone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.