700 MB HD Video been trying to upload to youtube for 5 days HELP!!!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by sk8now123, Mar 4, 2009.

1. sk8now123 macrumors member

sk8now123

I have a very reliable connection, mediacom online broadband and I've been trying to upload this .mov video that's about 700 MB in size and it hasn't been working. I've been leaving my computer on at night and I would wake up with it saying error. I've tried the beta version the regular version it just ends up stopping somewhere and not working anymore. I'm now trying to upload with plugging it into my router via ethernet instead of using wifi if that makes it any faster. I'm getting real tired of trying to upload time after time after time. Is there any freeware that I can use to upload to youtube so it's more reliable? I don't want to make the file smaller and have worse picture so it can upload faster so I need some advice badly.

2. zephead macrumors 68000

zephead

I'm pretty sure that there's a size/length limit on videos uploaded to YouTube. I don't know what the limit is, but 700MB HAS to be over the limit. You'll have to split it up into smaller videos if you want to get it onto YouTube.

3. scienide09 macrumors 65816

scienide09

4. Chase R macrumors 65816

Chase R

Jeez what is your upload speed... 1 or 2 KB/s lol.

Also make sure the video not over 10 minutes long!

5. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

Try Google Video instead. Videos there can be over an hour (not sure exactly what the limit is) and there's an upload application that you can install to make things easier.

6. sk8now123 thread starter macrumors member

sk8now123

The video is 2:00 minutes

I found out that I should start it before I go to sleep and wake up with it done. Otherwise if it is running when I'm on different web pages, it will slow down and maybe stop.

7. jackerin macrumors 6502a

700MB for 2 minutes seems like a bit of overkill to me. Especially if it's going on Youtube...

8. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

Yup. Someone needs to encode it into a smaller file.

2 minutes at 70MB still provides excellent quality.