74% of Californians want to END sanctuary cities!

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by SteveJobzniak, Jan 24, 2017.

1. SteveJobzniak, Jan 24, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2017

SteveJobzniak macrumors 6502

SteveJobzniak

If anyone is unaware, a sanctuary city is a city that either in law or in de-facto practice protects illegal border-crossers by not prosecuting them for violating the immigration laws in the country in which they are now living illegally.

Californians have had enough too. Even the hispanics. We all know that polls aren't reliable, but they give an indicator, and these "74%" numbers don't lie: The popular vote wants the criminal illegals OUT. Even in California!

Can't wait to see Trump de-fund sanctuary cities as promised!

Illegal immigration is a giant spit in the face of every upstanding immigrant who went through the process of making themselves useful, having a degree and a job, and presenting themselves to the United States and earning citizenship.

1.png
    2.png

It's unfortunate that 26% are still uninformed about the massive crime statistics of illegal immigrants:

Sanctuary Cities: Restricting law enforcement risks public safety

"An October 2014 report from ICE that was made public in 2015 detailed 276 sanctuary cities that released 8,145 illegal migrants [in violation of the transfer request into federal custody] of whom 1,867 were later re-arrested 4,298 times with multiple violations amounting to 7,491 charges. Illegal migrants are 3.5 percent of the U.S. population but are 37.6 percent of federal sentences and 13.6 percent of all offenders sentenced for crimes nationwide. The undocumented comprise 12 percent of murder sentences, 20 percent of kidnapping sentences and 16 percent of drug trafficking sentences. Unauthorized migrants are about 7 percent of the California population but over 12 percent of the state prison population."

Illegal immigrants have a confirmed murder rate that is 3 to 10 times higher than the general population. So anyone that suggests that illegal immigrants don't commit more crime than the rest of us is simply lying to you. Americans are being murdered and flooded with drugs. Build the wall! I don't care if it's mostly a high-tech fence with motion detectors, and only actual walls in the most trafficked areas. Just freaking build the wall and stop this violent madness! It's time to save American lives.

Think very closely before you defend illegals "just because you hate Trump": What would you feel like if it was your own precious 13 year old daughter who was kidnapped and raped or even murdered? Would you still have super cozy, warm, fuzzy feelings about illegal border crossings after your innocent daughter's life is ruined?

If our border had been secure, that 13 year old girl wouldn't have to live with the mental scars of kidnapping and rape for the rest of her life.

2. hwojtek macrumors 6502a

hwojtek

Do you imply an 'illegal' immigrant is not "useful" and there are no 'illegal' immigrants with a degree? How exactly do you differ 'useful' from 'not useful'?

3. SteveJobzniak thread starter macrumors 6502

SteveJobzniak

Useful = Degrees are a bonus, but most important is that they are coming here to integrate and respect our laws and our people.

Not Useful = "Illegal migrants are 3.5 percent of the U.S. population but are 37.6 percent of federal sentences and 13.6 percent of all offenders sentenced for crimes nationwide. The undocumented comprise 12 percent of murder sentences, 20 percent of kidnapping sentences and 16 percent of drug trafficking sentences".

Simple difference.

4. hwojtek macrumors 6502a

hwojtek

So you consider a mass murderer with a citizenship "useful"?
    Is being an 'illegal' a federal offense? That wpuld explain the numbers.
    Do you think an 'illegal' immigrant comes Stateside with an intent of commiting crimes in the US, because it is a fun sport, or did it cross your mind that perhaps the fact of being 'illegal' limits him from taking a legitimate job?

5. TonyC28 macrumors 65816

TonyC28

Why is the word illegal in quotes? By definition, the very first thing they did upon setting foot in the United States was commit a crime.

6. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

7. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I certainly hope that he delivers on this campaign promise.

8. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

Yes.

9. Chew Toy McCoy macrumors regular

Chew Toy McCoy

Oh noooossss!!! SF will have to rely on the gazillions of dollars from the tech industry (which loves flooding the state with immigrant labor). How will they survive as a city!?

10. lowendlinux Contributor

lowendlinux

Yea that was sorta my take when that was said.

11. Septembersrain Contributor

Septembersrain

Well, when you commit a crime there is less to tie you to that crime. You essentially don't exist. You're potentially driving without a license and insurance, you don't have a birth certificate or SS number on file. You're a ghost.

Add in that there are some who commit heinous crimes and they either get deported then just come back or their own country refuses to extradite them. Which basically ends up with bad results both ways.

We need to make it easier for legitimate immigrants to become legal. Speed up the process, waive or lower fees for those coming to a job, etc. Then throw the book at the ones caught illegally with crimes already on their record.

12. Chew Toy McCoy macrumors regular

Chew Toy McCoy

Everybody loves a handout but it’s absurd to think a city like SF is going to turn into Detroit without federal funding. If anything it might even become a well-funded mecca for the anti-Trump and his racist polices movement.

13. Herdfan macrumors 6502

I am kind of torn on this issue.

I guess it is mainly because the federal government can't make cities or states enforce federal law, and I do not want them to be able to. So if a city doesn't want to enforce federal immigration law, that is up to them and I have no problem with it.

But I don't think a city, county or state should be able to ignore a federal detainer/warrant for an individual either. So if an illegal has a detainer order out on them it is because they are a real criminal (not just an illegal) and those need to be honored.

Does anyone think it's a good idea to put someone who has committed federal crimes back out on the streets in your own city?
    --- Post Merged, Jan 24, 2017 ---
    That is what Kate's law will do.

But the Dems blocked it last Congress. :(
    --- Post Merged, Jan 24, 2017 ---
    Which will further the situation where too many liberal voters are concentrated in one place leaving all the fly-over states to vote GOP. And win.

:)

14. Chew Toy McCoy macrumors regular

Chew Toy McCoy

BTW a wall isn’t going to stop ****. The drug cartels have been working on alternative methods to get drugs in this country ever since possible wall expansion was a whisper and they have billions of dollars at their disposal and unlike the US government they don’t need to go through a lengthy debate and approval process to get things done. So enjoy your delusion that a wall is somehow going to stop the fact that Americans need to be high to deal with the stress of living here.

15. thewitt macrumors 68020

thewitt

The Federal government has long used tax money given to states or cities to control behavior. You could argue they don't have the authority to control sanctuary cities (I think the 14th amendment argues against that) but they can simply withhold federal funds and force the city to rethink its priorities.

16. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

Liberals show their true colors when those immigrants vote republican or be related to a republican. Just see how some here went after melania

17. s2mikey macrumors 68020

s2mikey

Good, ya'll move there then and ham it up with the rest of the limpdick hippies :D

18. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

I am against blanket protection for illegal immigrants. I know, that's shocking. ;)

19. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

thought you loved me more than that [​IMG]

20. TonyC28 macrumors 65816

TonyC28

Fair point. Do you have an alternative approach to propose?

21. oneMadRssn macrumors 68040

oneMadRssn

Yes. Essentially, compete with the drug cartels and reduce demand on their product to put them out of business.

1. Stop making drug possession or minor sale a felony, where a previous offender cannot get any job or join the army due to the felony, and thus has no choice but to go back to selling drugs.

2. Enable drug clinics to legally administer the drugs safely in designated areas, where the drugs are provided through known non-violent sources.

3. Decriminalize most drugs.

4. Provide for free drug treatment to anyone willing.

22. TonyC28 macrumors 65816

TonyC28

I suppose that could help with drugs that come across the border. But what percentage of illegal immigrants would you say are coming here for the sole purpose of supplying drugs to Americans?

23. Chew Toy McCoy macrumors regular

Chew Toy McCoy

I don’t have the answer for that and not trying to deflect, but as far as I am concerned almost everything is a distracting sideshow to the fact that the few super rich are screwing the many and we should be relentlessly laser focused on that. This wall is going to be a big waste of time and money that ultimately solves nothing other than giving xenophobes a false smug sense of security.

24. oneMadRssn macrumors 68040

oneMadRssn

I don't know, perhaps we should poll them. The fact is a lot fewer of them would come here for the sole purpose of supplying drugs to Americans if there was no black market for illegal drugs. Whether that is a reduction from 2 people to 1 person, or a reduction from 30 million to 1 thousand, I don't know.

25. tgara macrumors 6502a

tgara

I think the general rule is that local law-enforcement does not have to assist the feds in enforcing federal law. However, in most cases, local law-enforcement and federal law-enforcement work together to solve crimes. All this sanctuary city nonsense just makes federal law-enforcement more difficult.