7D to iPad Monitor(Wireless or Wired)

Discussion in 'iPad' started by AppleTech22, Aug 7, 2011.

1. AppleTech22 macrumors 6502

With a wedding coming up I wanted to know if there were any good apps or jailbroken solutions that would let me use the iPad as an external monitor that I can view live. I would prefer to have it connected with some kind of cable, as I am not sure if there will be Wi-Fi there. If it is wireless that is okay, but I am trying my luck with that.

If you want any more information let me know down below and I would love to keep the price under $200.

Ohh and it is the iPad 1 not the 2, I know my sig says I have the iPad 2, but it is for my father.

Thanks all

2. btbrossard, Aug 7, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2011

btbrossard macrumors 6502a

Do you have the Wireless Transmitter Grip for your 7D?

This would be really easy if you did.

By the way - the model number of the grip for the 7D is WFT-E5A.

Here's some software that might work for you. You'll need a host computer connected to your 7D via USB and then a wifi network for the iPad control/viewing.

http://www.ononesoftware.com/products/dslr-camera-remote/

Also - EyeFi makes cool memory cards with WiFi built in that would allow you to transfer the images in real time (but not live view) to a computer or iPad. However, these a SD cards, not Compact Flash.

I've heard of people using SD to Compact Flash adapters to get these to work, but the metal housing of the 7D limits the effective range to near useless.

http://www.eye.fi/products/prox2

3. AppleTech22 thread starter macrumors 6502

Ya I have head about these solutions and I am really trying my luck with Wi-Fi

4. chris8535 macrumors member

No there are no solutions at this time to allow you to do this. Canon has yet to make an sdk that will let developers take advantage of iOS. Until that happens an iPad as monitor, while not impossible, is unlikely.