8.4 music app causes massive battery drain. Monitor shows 'low signal' but I use only my library

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by Hellolivinlarge, Jul 1, 2015.

1. Hellolivinlarge macrumors newbie

Hellolivinlarge

Hello,

My phone suffers from massive battery drain since 8.4 update. I listen to my own music only and have not signed in to the new streaming service.

The battery monitor says "low signal" as one cause for battery drain even when I do not listen to online/streaming music. I assume it also eats up my data plan.

How can I force the music app not to be online? I have no need for online services in the music app.

Can anyone help?

2. X--X macrumors 6502

You can turn off Apple Music in the settings.

3. Hellolivinlarge thread starter macrumors newbie

Hellolivinlarge

Do you mean "show Apple music"? I did this first thing after I installed 8.4. This is why I am especially confused. When I turn off the music I expect the app to be offline. My guess is, this comes from 'connect' and/or 'radio' which can't be turned off

4. X--X macrumors 6502

They are hiding that toggle under Settings -> General -> Restrictions

5. Hellolivinlarge thread starter macrumors newbie

Hellolivinlarge

So I enable restrictions and then toggle 'Apple music connect' to off, right?

Wow that is a pain in the a**. That could easily be placed in the music settings :(

6. Hellolivinlarge thread starter macrumors newbie

Hellolivinlarge

Can I make this happen for radio as well?

I also found that in the 'cellular' settings I can specifically turn off cellular data usage for single apps but I would prefer if first of all I knew why the music app consumes cellular data at all when used to play local songs only and second a general 'off' switch for all that newly added streaming/music/connect/radio stuff. This is annoying.