8.8.1 no longer able to relay SMS to Messages on MacBookPro?

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by trabera, Nov 20, 2014.

1. trabera, Nov 20, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2014

trabera macrumors newbie

trabera

I apologize if this ends up being an OSX issue but I am using also suspecting an iOS problem. With OS 10.10 and iOS 8.1 I was able to send and receive SMS messages from the MBP via Messages.

Since the release of OS 10.10.1 and iOS 8.1.1 this function has stopped. It may very well be the fault of OS 10.10.1 but I thought I'd ask here. I don't believe I changed any related settings on either device.

2. trabera thread starter macrumors newbie

trabera

Answered

Had to go into the SETTINGS/MESSAGES and turn on text forwarding. Weird. Is this feature new? I don't remember turning it off but it worked prior to the update.

3. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

The SMS forwarding was introduced in 8.1 if I remember correctly.

4. trabera thread starter macrumors newbie

trabera

It was. Sorry what I should have said was that I was able to SMS text via a Mac prior to the release of 8.1.1. Once that came out it stopped working for me. I had to go find that forwarding setting and turn it on. I don't remember it being there before, or me turning it off. Was it user option interface added with 8.1.1 and defaulted turned off or was it always there and the update turned it off. I don't know. Sorry. IT'S FIXED NOW THAT'S ALL I CARE. :)