8 Men Claim Encounters With Craig

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by leekohler, Dec 3, 2007.

1. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Whoa- this is interesting. Read the whole article. This is kind of weird.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/sns-ap-craig-encounters,0,273036.story

2. Iscariot macrumors 68030

Iscariot

I long for the day when sexuality isn't something you try to hide out of shame and fear.

3. Queso macrumors G4

It isn't these days really, just a prison of your own making.

4. leekohler thread starter macrumors G5

leekohler

No one would care if this guy weren't trying to pass every anti-gay bill in existence.

5. Iscariot macrumors 68030

Iscariot

I'm fairly certain a lot of people would care. The fact that there are anti-gay bills in existence is a testimony to this in itself.

6. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

Ah, good old Senator Widestance sure has been good for the news cycle these past few months.

7. leekohler thread starter macrumors G5

leekohler

But it wouldn't be news.

And also good for the PRSI forum. :)

8. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Let me be clear. I am NOT gay. I have never BEEN gay.

Except that once in the airport bathroom. Well, and that other time with the meth and the prostitute. And a few other times when the poontang was hard to come by. And most times inbetween.

But I love my wife. Return to your daily activities. And whatever you do, DON'T read the Statesman...

9. gkarris macrumors 604

gkarris

oops, I thought you meant Daniel Craig.... :eek:

Daniel Craig is hot (I'm not gay.... or am I?)

10. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Larry Craig is definitely NOT hot.

11. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Of course he's gay. And no, I wouldn't care, were it not for everything else he's been doing or trying to do in his position of power to hurt others like him because he hates himself and can't face what he is. Ironically, because of people like him. I suspect that there are many more like him out there too.

12. leekohler thread starter macrumors G5

leekohler

Of course there are. Gay people in the closet are not fun people to be around either.

13. Swarmlord macrumors 6502a

Swarmlord

I honestly don't know who's more in denial, Craig himself or his wife.

14. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

I always suspected Phelps was. Besides the whole "protesting too much" thing, I've heard awful stories of the abuse that goes on in that family. Where children and women are admitted to hospitals with varying injuries, but no charges are ever filed. Hate can make things pretty ugly, but self hatred turned outward is the worst of the worst. It would be sad if they didn't bring it on themselves.

Too bad they have to hoist it on the rest of us too because, even though I'm not gay, it still rubs me the wrong way.

Insert rubbing joke here.

15. leekohler thread starter macrumors G5

leekohler

She's the one I feel bad for. And are there any kids? Can you imagine what that would be like as a kid?

16. Macky-Mac macrumors 68030

Macky-Mac

IIRC, she has kids from a previous marriage that he adopted when he married their mother

17. Kashchei macrumors 65816

Kashchei

I was just going to add this last tidbit of information. Very interesting and makes her appearance on TV with him next to pointless

18. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Craig married one of his staffers after the first round of "is he gay?" questions started circulating long ago. Since she had kids from a previous marriage, Craig was provided with an instant "hey look at my hetrosexuality" family.

The rumor is that she married him to help him beat the gay rap, and out of loyalty; not out of love. Of course it's only a rumor, the only ones who know aren't talking, but it does provide an explanation that fits the facts.

And it's the only explanation I can think of for her not leaving him immediately. If Craig is having anonomous sex in airport restrooms, he's at an extremely high risk of passing an STD on to her -- if they're having sex. If not, I can understand why she just doesn't care that much.

19. leekohler thread starter macrumors G5

leekohler

That's so creepy. That someone would go that far for power is beyond me.

20. Naimfan macrumors 68040

Naimfan

Seconded!

(And well said.)

21. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Well, before anyone says anything at least we know Bill and Hillary have consummated their relationship at least once. Ie Chelsea. The rest is better left to speculation. :eek:

I don't want to judge based on the one interview I saw Craig and his wife in, but it was hard to mistake the coldness between them. I don't know if that's new or not. Maybe it's just the way they are. But if they weren't distant before, I'm sure they are now.

22. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

I see nothing in that article that is admissible in court. Therefore, based upon the standards of the forum, I must declare the article to be completely untrue; and furthermore, because the information cited is inadmissible in court, there is no need to do any further investigation to find out what's really going on.

23. Swarmlord macrumors 6502a

Swarmlord

I agree with you 100%. If I were his constituent, I'd have serious doubts about his decision making capabilities.

24. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

You forgot the other part of it where if something is an obvious known fact, and it's funny, we can all make fun of it mercilessly.

But no, I can't prove in a court of law that he's a self hating hypocritical closet case, so I'll stop saying it over and over again, except I won't.