80's PowerMac Today!!

vitruvius

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 26, 2002
Caracas, Venezuela
I have some thoughs about why the designers go toward more futuristic cases for the computers, developing new materials and stambotic shapes, why dont take a look to old and noble materials as wood in computers , looking for a more well developed piece of designed and not just an high-tech machine, i begun using of wood just to go against the paradigms that rule the computer design (metal and blobby=hi-tech, wood and square old fashion) to see what happens, maybe the result is far away from what i was looking for, and i get an 80's retro PowerMac:p , but maybe is there a way to use this materials in computers as if theyre another piece of furniture and not an alien machine in the middle of the living room ( dont get me wrong i love Apples design, im a fan of J. Ive) but im like to play the Devils Advocate and have this discussion on Design.
just some thoughs around my head and i want to share it with you:D

Attachments

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
Ha! That's great, wouldn't ever want it on my desk, under my desk or anywhere near me. I posted something a month or so ago about Dell's new option for the woodgrained pads on their new laptops - eewwww!

So what's next, a waterbed version?

D :D :p

job

macrumors 68040
Jan 25, 2002
in transit
I like it.....because it's something different.

A bit different than the whole brushed metal/ colored plastics theme that has dominated Apple Computers for the past several years.

I wouldn't buy it though. ;) :p

job

macrumors 68040
Jan 25, 2002
in transit
Originally posted by vitruvius
and this can be the monitor:D
Got an LCD version of that? :D

Yeah, wtf is with Duke's location?

I'd like to say in a state of confusion, but that wouldn't exactly grasp the fullness of what's been going on lately - think of a blind man with a gun on ice skates on a frozen pond with 1000 other people who's supposed to kill the man in the red hat
Errr......:confused:

Rower_CPU

Moderator emeritus
Oct 5, 2001
San Diego, CA
Originally posted by Backtothemac
I think Duke is having a some sort of life crisis right now. A lot on the plate, and yet an anarexic is eating you know.
Yeah, I remember him talking about how his job has gotten bad lately.

Let's hope everything goes OK.:)

vitruvius

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 26, 2002
Caracas, Venezuela
Originally posted by dukestreet
Ha! That's great, wouldn't ever want it on my desk, under my desk or anywhere near me. I posted something a month or so ago about Dell's new option for the woodgrained pads on their new laptops - eewwww!

So what's next, a waterbed version?

D :D :p
mmm do u think it cant get worse... Muwahahahaha :D
this one i wouldnt want it even in the same block!!

Attachments

Hemingray

macrumors 68030
Jan 9, 2002
Ha ha haaa!
Re: 80's PowerMac Today!!

Originally posted by vitruvius
...to see what happens, maybe the result is far away from what i was looking for, and i get an 80's retro PowerMac :p
Dear GOD... :eek: I want one! That would look soooooooo much nicer sitting next to my sound system than my current G4 does... :D (And yes, that is really my sound system.)

Attachments

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.