9/7/2016 NBC Candidates Commander-In-Chief forum discussion

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by MadeTheSwitch, Sep 7, 2016.

1. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Thought we should have a place to discuss tonight's non debate debate.

I just saw Hillary get out of the car and walk up a long flight of stairs aboard the Intrepid. How is this possible?! According to the Hillary haters she's too ill for such a feat! :D

2. Robisan macrumors 6502

Matt Lauer is a disgrace. NBC should be embarrassed, but probably isn't capable of it.

3. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

Hillary was in the groove...as usual. Looking forward to Trust's sweeping all knowing pronouncements. :rolleyes:

4. MadeTheSwitch thread starter macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

So, I don't know what NBC was thinking. All the work, lights, cameras, video monitors, people coordination for.....an hour total?

30 minutes is enough to barely scratch the surface of such an important and critical topic. Maybe that was all the candidates would agree to, but it simply isn't enough. They should have spent at least an hour with each candidate.

Disappointing.

5. Robisan macrumors 6502

Trump falsely states he was always against the war in Iraq (he supported it before the invasion), and Matt Lauer lets it go unchallenged.

6. Jess13 Suspended

Jess13

Hil-liar-y: “My vote for the Iraq War was ‘my mistake,’ and when I voted to further fund the war it was, wait, Matt you didn’t let viewers know that fact. Nevermind. Matt, also don’t tell them how I led the push to have Obama commit to the Afghanistan ‘surge,’ costing nearly 1,000 more Americans their lives for nothing.”

Contrast Hillary’s lying Iraq War words with Her actions earlier this year

t.jpg

7. Praxis91 macrumors regular

Praxis91

Trump knocking it out of the park! He wants to work with Russia against ISIS. Meanwhile, warmonger Hillary wants war with Russia.

The peace candidate should win.

8. Limey77 macrumors regular

I thought you were a military man? The surge was a huge turning point in the fight against indigents. It freed Fallujah and got rid of a lot of Mohammed Omar's influence and power.

9. MadeTheSwitch thread starter macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Yeah...take the oil, the solution to everything. :rolleyes:

He didn't even answer the question of what to do in the Middle East after ISIS is defeated. Your idea of hitting it out of the park is very different than mine.

10. Jess13 Suspended

Jess13

I’m trying very hard to not insult you.

The surge was Afghanistan, not Iraq. But your [likely] auto-correct is fitting digital Freudian slip—that Fallujah in Iraq was a huge turning point against indigents. Because poor, needy indigent civilians in Fallujah got obliterated with WMDs, from White Phosphorus to Depleted Uranium. Thanks, Hillary.

11. Robisan macrumors 6502

Maybe Trump can promise to appoint Roger Ailes secretary of stopping sexual assault in the military.

12. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

Remind yourself of who said the following:

http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/10/politics/donald-trump-fact-check-bomb-oil-fields-iraq/

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...ing-chapman-perspec-1217-20151216-column.html

http://www.redstate.com/streiff/2016/03/22/hell-donald-trump-actually-say-might-nuke-isis/

http://www.factcheck.org/2016/07/trumps-press-conference/

Trump = Peace candidate? My arse.

BL.

13. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

Mr. Trust:
    *Take the oil would have stopped ISIS.
    *I saw Russian planes circling U.S. Planes.
    *The dumbest foreign policy.
    *I want to be unpredictable.
    *I have a military plan but I can't tell you.
    *<You said you know more about ISIS, do you?> Under Obsma the generals have been reduced to rubble. Non-answer.
    *If you're illegal, we send you home, unless you want to serve in the military.
    *We're going to take our country back.
    *VA is corrupt. We are going to speed up the process of being seen
    *We have to fix sexual assault... (He previously said) what do you expect when you put men and women together?
    *Hillary has a happy trigger, I'll make America great again.

... Impressive, no details, but impressive. I'm so embarrassed. :rolleyes: :oops:
    The difference between the conversations of Hillary and Trust was night and day.

14. Jess13 Suspended

Jess13

Trump: “I don’t have much substance to my words, and I’m a flawed person—both as candidate and personally. But I don’t want mindless wars with everyone like Hillary does; we don’t have to fight wars with Russia or Syria.”

15. Robisan macrumors 6502

How do we take the oil?

'We'll leave people behind.' (Think about the implications of that.)

16. Praxis91 macrumors regular

Praxis91

Taking the oil is a start.

I don't think anyone knows how to answer what to do after ISIS is defeated. ISIS is a CIA creation anyway, just like Al Quaeda. Perhaps he will ask them.

17. MadeTheSwitch thread starter macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Trump: I know more than the generals really meant Obama's generals. But I'll ask for a plan on ISIS from generals. :rolleyes:

Apparently he thinks when we change Presidents we also have 100% turnover in generals too. What an unstable military that would be.
    --- Post Merged, Sep 7, 2016 ---
    Then he should of said he didn't know the answer. Instead he ignored a vet and started talking about something else instead. I think that was very disrespectful.

18. Huntn, Sep 7, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2016

Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

Most embarrassing is when I heard a veteran say afterwards, that we secretly gave Iran millions, why can't we give more to veterans? And no one corrected him! This is the rock bottom level of discussion based on mis-information that makes it practically impossible to have a serious factual debate. The lying circus undermines this countries ability to steer itself. :oops:

When asked about how we would take the oil, Trust said we'd leave certain groups behind to take it. Oh no, we would not need a significant military presence to accomplish this. This is who you want to lead us? :oops:

Trump still wrong on his claim that opposed Iraq War ahead of the invasion

On the Iraq War, Trump said, "I was among the earliest to criticize the rush to war, and yes, even before the war ever started."

The record just doesn’t support this.

We could only find one example of Trump commenting on the Iraq War before the invasion where he seemed apprehensive but not vehemently opposed to the operation. In another interview, Trump said he supported the invasion.

...in other words he tells something, ah less than the truth.
    Yeah, Putin likes me.... Problem solved. :rolleyes:
    Yes, I have, an unending military presence, subject to hostile gorilla action. Yes, depriving the target country of oil solves all insurgency problems and stabilizes it too... :rolleyes:

19. Jess13, Sep 7, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2016

Jess13 Suspended

Jess13

Hillary: “War with Russia is what America’s missing, Huntn. A new Cold War, wasting trillion$ on the military-industrial complex that helped to finance my campaign(s): It’s a good, progressive use of money. Russia doesn’t have nuclear weapons, what possibly could go wrong? Trust that I’ll keep you safe like I kept Iraqis and Libyans safe.”

Russia Is Building the Largest ICBM Ever (and America Should Be Worried)

http://nationalinterest.org/blog/th...the-largest-icbm-ever-america-should-be-16122

Russia will deploy its new RS-28 Sarmat intercontinental ballistic missiles to units in Siberia and the southern Urals when the enormous new weapon becomes operational in 2018. The massive liquid-fueled missiles will replace the existing Cold War-era R-36M2 Voyevoda (SS-18 Satan) ICBM—which is the largest such weapon ever built.

“The development of the Sarmat silo-based missile system with a heavy missile is nearing completion,” Col. Gen. Sergei Karakayev, commander of Russia’s Strategic Missile Forces told the Moscow-based TASS News agency. “It will replace the Voyevoda missile system in the Uzhur missile division and the Dombarovsky position area.”

The first prototype missiles have already been built. The first test launches are scheduled for later this year. Should the tests prove successful, the Sarmat will enter into full production so that it enters operational service in 2018.

RS-28 Sarmat

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RS-28_Sarmat

Specifications

Up to 15 MIRVs[1] (various type and yield; At the maximum reported throw-weight of up 10,000kg, the missile could deliver a 50 Mt charge (the maximum theoretical yield-to-weight ratio is about 6 megatons of TNT per metric ton, and the maximum achieved ratio was apparently 5.2 megatons of TNT per metric ton in B/Mk-41).

Castle Bravo

The largest U.S. weapon ever created/detonated. It was 45 Mt. This was filmed from 50 miles away. The RS-28 Sarmat will be able to throw larger explosions at your city or state than the Castle Bravo test.

B83

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/B83_nuclear_bomb

The B83 thermonuclear weapon is a variable-yield gravity bomb developed by the United States in the late 1970s, entering service in 1983. With a maximum yield of 1.2 megatonnes of TNT.

Russia, early in a Hillary first-term, will have an operational ICBM(s) that can bring your city or state 50 Mt nuclear warheads, over 40x larger than the B83’s 1.2 Mt, the largest U.S. nuclear bombs in service. And this is only one part of Russia’s nuclear force.

So vote for Hillary, because nuclear annihilation war with Russia is what you deserve.

20. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

Louer: So is your war plan to ask someone else for their plan?

Trust's War Plan: When I come up with a plan, whoever's plan, I won't tell anyone in advance.

... TRUST ME. :rolleyes:

21. citizenzen macrumors 65816

A Rashomon moment, I guess.

I saw a manic, disjointed, and dangerous mind.

22. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

I agree let's put our trust in Trust's secret plan no one knows anything about. I'm sure it's a winner. :rolleyes:
    Seriously, I would not want Mt. Trust anywhere near this decision making process.

What do you suggest? Trust Mr. Trust me?

23. Jess13 Suspended

Jess13

Trump: “No war with Russia.”

Hillary: “But me and my fellow neocon warmongers want war.”

Trump: “Somebody show this idiotic, lunatic bitch to the door.”