9 to 5 Mac Says iPad Launch Week of March 22 (Likely March 26)

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Chupa Chupa, Mar 2, 2010.

1. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

9to5Mac.com updated its report on the iPad delay rumor to say they spoke w/ and Apple Store manager who claims Apple is telling managers to expect the launch the week of March 22. 9to5 is guessing the 26th, which has always been my guess to as Apple loves weekend product launches.

So while this doesn't speak to any product shortage, the launch period appears unchanged and on schedule.

Link to story

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Isn't this pretty much the date everyone has been hanging their hat on?

3. Chupa Chupa thread starter macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Yes, but yesterday's stories on ramp up problems, launch shortages, etc. said Apple might delay the launch to April to build-up inventory. So this is a little bit of more official confirmation that the March launch is still on.

4. MacRy macrumors 68040

MacRy

This makes sense as it's my birthday on the 22nd ;)

5. pvmacguy macrumors 65816

pvmacguy

Hasn't 9 to 5 been wrong lately? They were wrong about the pre-ordering last week. But like Jessica said this sate is pretty much what everyone thinks anyway so it's a safe guess by them.

6. admanimal macrumors 68040

Just to be clear about who is saying what, an Apple Store manager was told in a meeting on Feb. 21st that the iPad would launch in 30 days. So I don't think there is really any new info here at all, given that Feb 21st is about 30 days from when they announced the iPad would launch in 60 days.

7. GeekGirl* macrumors 65816

GeekGirl*

soooooo next week pre orders?

8. pirateRACE macrumors 6502

Apple Store Managers are probably the last people to find out product details! :p