9 Year Old Pakistani Girl Forced to Wear Suicide Vest

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by appleguy123, Jun 20, 2011.

1. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

[​IMG]
    read more at source

2. roadbloc macrumors G3

roadbloc

3. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Another new low for these Islam extremist, they should find these scum and cook em in pig fat.
    Meanwhile when we told Pakistan about two bomb making factories last week the military warned the terrorist and both were moved before they could be destroyed. Pakistan cant have it both ways. You cant be both supporting these terrorist and taking our billions. Time to cut off all aid and use it here at home.

4. Burnsey macrumors 6502a

Actually this is a good example that these people don't care about "Islam". They use Islam as a tool when convenient, but would jump at an opportunity to even bypass that and simply kidnap a little girl (who is a Muslim and was directed to kill Muslims).

5. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

Pakistan is overflowing with Terrorists ... they are part of the problem not part of the solution

we should give them nothing

6. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

It's not really anything to do with Islam, is it? It's about maintaining a Terror to stay in control. Anything goes.

7. ChristianJapan macrumors 601

ChristianJapan

History repeats ... I remember a picture some years ago where a young boy was wearing a vest in Israel. Lucky he was smart enough to inform the soldiers before getting killed the one or other way. :mad:

no idea whats going on in some minds

8. CaoCao macrumors 6502a

We should invade Pakistan and hand it over to India because one is a ******** and the other is just a rising third world country

9. rasmasyean macrumors 6502a

What's new? We had to face child warriors in Vietnam too. If someone invaded America and cornered us...you're going to see 9 y/o white kids figthing and taking bombs to the enemies as well. It's not just an "Islam" thing. Child warriors have been used as a "strategic" weapon for ages....especially at times of despiration. So it's actually a GOOD sign. It means they've run out of options.

10. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

There isn't much difference as far as women are concerned.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/06/15/us-women-danger-idUSTRE75E31R20110615

11. likemyorbs macrumors 68000

likemyorbs

You're joking right? We have enough morality to not get 9 year olds involved in a war, muslims don't.

12. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

What kind of a statement is this?

13. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

Nice bigoted comment.

Hope we never have to find out, but I believe, if desperate enough, humans of ANY stripe can throw morality out the window.

14. soco macrumors 68030

soco

Countries full of desparate, relgious, extremists are doing outrageous things in times of war?

Yep, sounds normal.

Edit: Before anyone says anything silly, I meant desparate in the sense that they're desparate to defend their honor and religion against those they find dangerous to the same. I didn't mean that like they're bums desparate for power or something.

15. likemyorbs macrumors 68000

likemyorbs

Thanks!

I don't believe that. I also don't believe the pakistanis are that desperate, i'm sure there are plenty of full grown muslim men in pakistan willing to blow themselves up. Instead, they use a child.

A true one?

16. citizenzen macrumors 65816

We've gotten so used to our military kicking other peoples' asses that we've forgotten what desperation looks like. It looks like El Salvadoran death squads. It looks like Hutus hacking Tutsis with machetes. It looks like children being forced to wear suicide vests.

Americans are capable of all of these atrocities ... and more, depending upon how "cornered" and desperate we become.

17. ChristianJapan macrumors 601

ChristianJapan

There is a famous picture from the last days 3rd Reich in Germany (1945) during WWII where Hitler visit very young boys in uniform and give the some clap on the shoulder.
    Ok, agree those where not 9 years but maybe 12 or 15; not much a big difference.

Other sample: search for "children soldiers" in Google (MRoogle might not help)

Not defending Islamic extremists here but they are not alone in history doing such crual things and I doubt that our western morality is soo much better.

18. northernbaldy macrumors 6502a

northernbaldy

19. kavika411 macrumors 6502a

kavika411

I agree completely; as long Americans are capable of an atrocity, we should not cast a light on someone else currently committing the same atrocity. It's just plain silly to think there is value in looking at an issue on its own terms without conflating possible like behavior by Americans.

20. ChristianJapan macrumors 601

ChristianJapan

Yeah, that would be another good idea to create a long time conflict zone: they have already today issues; bad enough with nukes on both sides.

Some more background can be found here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Partition_of_India

Maybe rethink your proposal. What would be fair enough is stop paying billions of ¥€$ to them

21. citizenzen macrumors 65816

Did you notice that I was responding directly to an opinion stating Americans weren't capable of such atrocities?

I expressed no opinion against looking at the issue.

Perhaps that wasn't clear enough for you.

[roll my eyes]

22. rasmasyean macrumors 6502a

Child soldiers are often preferable guerilla units. They are "innocent" so inflitration becomes a lot easier. They are "small" so they can hide and are harder to shoot. And guns don't do any less damage if you're under 100 lbs.

23. (marc) macrumors 6502a

(marc)

The US army bombs Iraq & Afghanistan using uranium ammunition which causes disabilities and cancer in newborns. Morality my ass :rolleyes:

24. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

Depleted uranium is only used to harden the exterior of munitions, the better to penetrate armour before detonating.

This is NOT like something like Agent Orange, at all, except that the "friendlies" handling same must live with the result of their exposure.

25. (marc) macrumors 6502a

(marc)

Wikipedia disagrees. (Although, to be fair, the same article mentions many companies and ministries of defense have found no long term effects.)