93 years old, 76 years of no claims bonus - £60k Porsche pile-up

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by xUKHCx, Apr 15, 2008.

1. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

Full story

_44567883_porcshe.226.jpg _44567876_crash.226.jpg

2. arkitect macrumors 601

arkitect

Makes you want to cry! :eek:
    Although strictly speaking I don't think there was any "no claims bonus" 76 years ago. :D

3. mrwizardno2 macrumors 6502a

mrwizardno2

Oh my goodness. I should hope he quits driving.

This is why I think once you reach a certain age, you should have to pass a driving test every single year. Old people are bad drivers!

A few years ago, there was this little old blue hair driving in the K-mart parking lot in my hometown. I was with a group of friends, walking toward the entrance. I saw her turn towards us and said "Look out, old ladies hit people." Sure enough, not more than 10 seconds later, she slammed into a parked car in the lot. We turned around and laughed. She was fine, but the guy whose car she mangled was incredibly pissed.

4. riscy macrumors 6502a

riscy

Glad he decided to stop driving - he should be thankful he was not injured in that accident.

5. jSunbeam macrumors regular

6. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

I feel the same way about drivers of all ages, except I think you should be forced to take a driving test every 5-10 years, and make it a real, proper driving test which tests all your skills like they do with teenagers. Sure, lots of teenagers who are crap at driving luck out and eventually pass the test, but if they are really bad, can they pass the test again later? And again after that?

7. Santa Rosa macrumors 65816

Santa Rosa

Two pissed Porche Owners then and his car was probably only worth one part of a Porsche lol!! Just so funny how they wrote that.

Its good he got out alive though, lucky escape.

8. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

I don't think the cost of his car would be enough to cover a busted window or dented bumper :D

9. Antares macrumors 68000

Antares

That poor guy looks so sad in that picture.

And ditto on the yearly driving test for seniors of a certain age. I believe that's a law/proposed law in some US States....