Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

seriall

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 8, 2012
They guess that there are 4 new macs
Mac pro,
Macbook air,
Macbook pro 15" retina ,and
Macbook pro current version upgrade,

But no new imac!
I am so sad now..:(:(

imwest

macrumors newbie
Mar 28, 2012
Mac pro,
Macbook air,

But no new imac!

This is the internet. Don't believe everything you read.

FrankHahn

macrumors 6502a
May 17, 2011
Mac pro,
Macbook air,

But no new imac!

If that turns out to be true, then the iMac will get a silent update. Do not panic!

Stetrain

macrumors 68040
Feb 6, 2009
The 9to5 article basically says it's 50/50 whether there will be new iMacs. I personally think that the three-lines-of-Macbooks rumor is silly.

I think we'll see these updates on monday:

11" Air
13" Air
15" Macbook Pro
Two sizes of iMac
New Mac Pros.

leman

macrumors Core
Oct 14, 2008
I just read that 'analysis' and it does not make any sense. A much more likely scenario:

- MBP gets updated to IB and faster graphics, maybe a bit thinner or no redesign at all, no retina display
- Macbook Air gets the IB and retina display
- iMac gets new CPUs and GPUs, no retina, no redesign

Honestly, I have no idea while people are so fixated on redesigns and that 'retina' thingie, just because some random guys on the internet started some wild speculations. Its simply not the time for high-res displays yet. The Mac line (especially the iMac) are still unmatched right now, the only thing they need is the current gen tech.

And I repeat, iMac won't be getting the retina thingie, because it would require a 5120 x 2880 panel for the bigger iMac (2x2 current resolution), anything else would actually be a step back quality-wise (given that Apple only seems to concentrate on 2x2 HiDPI modes). And no such panels can currently be produced at a reasonable price.

Anyway, WWDC is just few days away, let's just wait until then.

theSeb

macrumors 604
Aug 10, 2010
none
Mac pro,
Macbook air,

But no new imac!

A couple of days ago they were guessing otherwise

Mister Bumbo

macrumors 6502
Apr 30, 2012
I think that rumor is silly too, for one thing it'd be confusing with three MacBook models and Apple has always been focusing on a very neat and simple product lineup for each of their products.

Furthermore - the signs for an iMac refresh are much greater than any speculation about any other scenario at the moment.
- It currently holds the record (next to Mac Pro) for the longest time without an upgrade.
- The sales of iMacs has reportedly gone down in the last months.
- A great number of third party resellers are almost completely out of stock.
- There have been leaked benchmark scores from a site that last time was proven to be right.
- The prices on the leaked product lists DOES fit.
- Apple has stated that Mac sales will increase in this quarter - does anyone really think they'd make that statement without the product that once was "THE" Apple computer and is still a flagship product in their branding?

iMcLovin

macrumors 68000
Feb 11, 2009
apple will never double the amount of macbook pro models. Apple has always focused on having as few options and models as possible. Why would they double, just to make customers more confuzed of what to buy?

Mister Bumbo

macrumors 6502
Apr 30, 2012
apple will never double the amount of macbook pro models. Apple has always focused on having as few options and models as possible. Why would they double, just to make customers more confuzed of what to buy?

Exactly. The whole concept of a jungle of similar looking computers with different attributes that the buyer may not be aware of belongs to the PC world.

seriall

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 8, 2012
I think that rumor is silly too, for one thing it'd be confusing with three MacBook models and Apple has always been focusing on a very neat and simple product lineup for each of their products.

Furthermore - the signs for an iMac refresh are much greater than any speculation about any other scenario at the moment.
- It currently holds the record (next to Mac Pro) for the longest time without an upgrade.
- There have been leaked benchmark scores from a site that last time was proven to be right.
- Apple has stated that Mac sales will increase in this quarter - does anyone really think they'd make that statement without the product that once was "THE" Apple computer and is still a flagship product in their branding?

Two questions:

How do you know iMac sales has dropped over the past few months?

Where did you hear that many third party resellers are out of stock of iMac? Since there are no sources reporting this phoenomenon.

----------

Seems you are a real insider :)

----------

Two questions:

Where did you hear that many third party resellers are out of stock of iMac? Since there are no sources reporting this phoenomenon.

----------

Seems you are a real insider :)

If what u said are real

Nandifix

macrumors 6502
May 10, 2012
Yes but we are talking about current macs where the air and mini got updated after the current iMac. CPU, gpu and usb3 will be the standard upgrade, I also hope for ssd.

Tezcatlipoca

macrumors regular
May 23, 2012
Cambridge, UK
I really hope this rumour is BS.

After using an iMac at work for the last six months, and due to my PC being crap, I decided that this year I would finally get myself an iMac.

I've been waiting impatiently for the 2012 models to be released, and had started to think I'd be able to buy one next week.

If we don't get new iMacs *soon*, I'll be very disappointed :(

I don't care about "Retina", I'd be happy with just Ivy Bridge and a spec. bump.

themcfly

macrumors regular
Jul 20, 2011
they are speculating such a scenario only to support their previous report of a new retina macbook coming from a "trusted source"... which won't happen this wwdc.

vincebio

macrumors 6502a
Jun 27, 2005
Glasgow
I want you all to remember this quote...and who said it..

There WILL be an all new iMac inside and out..

watch this space

enesta

macrumors newbie
Oct 18, 2011
I was going to go buy an imac today. Guess I should hold off and probably go sell my macbook air too?

Bendrix

macrumors member
May 9, 2012
didn't 9to5 also guess that the Mac pro would not be updated, because it hasn't been updated in so long? they said it would probably be discontinued. now everyone, including 9to5, is saying it's almost certain a new Mac pro is on the way. I think these sites like to give conflicting information because they benefit like apple does from having people guessing and hoping and constantly checking for news.

Mister Bumbo

macrumors 6502
Apr 30, 2012
Two questions:

Public revenue statements by Apple each quarter and access to past statistics. Quotes from interviews with Apple officials. I also know how to check third party resellers stock and look at their relative stock of a product compared to previous stock levels, stock of other similar products and/or of the same company. All in all - logic and rational thinking. Hope that cleared up your confuzzlement.

----------

Glasgow, is that where the European head office is for :apple:?

Nope, the official EU HQ is in Cork, Ireland I believe.

boy-better-know

macrumors 65816
Jun 30, 2010
England
I sure hope that they do redesign the iMac, the current one is beautiful but to me is starting to look dated, maybe just because I have seen it so much over the last few years. I want something completely new, completely fresh. The absence of leaked parts is worrying though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.