________Is it just me, or do the iPhone 3GS's in the new ads have washed out screens?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MadMacxxx, Jul 3, 2009.

1. MadMacxxx macrumors 6502a

MadMacxxx

look warm at all, washed out at? or is it just me?

I should note, by the way, that I had a Genius Bar appointment today for the distortion from my speaker, and the excessively warm screen. After testing everything out, and trying to give me some jive about how the distortion was, "do to the sound files and not the hardware, and that if you were to turn the volume on a home stereo all the way up, it would sound distorted too." Which I replied with..."All of my music is purchased from iTunes, and the Tri-Tone SMS tone that we used as an example...comes with the software on the phone, so if what you're telling me is true, then all of my iTunes purchased music files are in some way corrupt, and the stock SMS tones are as well, how does that make any sense?"

He eventually confirmed that my issues were totally valid, however, unfortunately since they weren't "officially documented issues" with Apple...they couldn't really do any thing for me. I asked them, how is it possible that they've just fully and totally acknowledged that my phone has 2 defects, yet there is nothing they can do? Aren't defects covered under warranty? Who cares if it's not a known issue, Ive just brought it to your attention and now you know. I told him I frequent the Apple forums like this place, apple insider, and iLounge and he was like yea I can tell. His cocky manager was a real turn off. He looked at me like I wasn't supposed to know how to tell what my build week is, or how to tell the difference between a new and refurbished phone by the serial number when he heard me mention those things to my rep; like it were information reserved only for his royal genius'ness. The manager started babbling on about something like "my store only gets new phones, no refubs...and this is why..."

So, my shot at trying to get a swap out was unsuccessful. Ebay anyone:D
    jk...

So if these really are a bit washed out, then is it safe to say that these warmer screens really were intentional? I mean, Apple would never use a defective product in a commercial. So they must be warmer overall with the exception for a few of you out there that claim your screens are piss yellow, which I believe, but have yet to see in person.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

It seems that popular opinion is majority of the 3GS screens are slightly inferior to their last 2 predecessors

3. BigOrangeSU macrumors regular

those screen images are probably simulated too. Also when watching it on tv it depends on your tv, and the image settings. When looking at pictures on your computer same deal, monitor settings.

4. dagomike macrumors 65816

Go get an expensive camera, lighting kit, and try to photograph the iPhone. It's fun . Really.

5. D1G1T4L macrumors 68000

D1G1T4L

I did notice you might have a problem with your "_" key.

6. TroyBoy30 macrumors 68000

TroyBoy30

7. MadMacxxx thread starter macrumors 6502a

MadMacxxx

Yea, definitely, I knew that played a role in it, and figured the screen images were simulated. But the biggest thing I should have known, or at least noted in the thread, is that I have an early generation 13" aluminum macbook...you know, the ones with the REALLY washed out screens :( so that obviously makes a significant difference in how I'm seeing it.
    The lighting kits I've yet to rent/buy...but I've managed to work with natural lighting and photoshop CS4 pretty well with an average cannon DSLR and with cannon L series lenses.

So /thread? :D Safe to say that the screens are simulated, the color has pretty much everything to do with your own screen or TV, and that the color is intentionally a little warmer on all 3GS's.