A 1440x900 iPhone visited my site...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by wheezy, Feb 29, 2012.

1. wheezy macrumors 65816

wheezy

Was digging around in Google Analytics today on my site and noticed I had a 1440x900 Screen Res iPhone show up on my site.

[​IMG]

Also had a 0x0 iPad visit, not sure what that means either. If the ratio stayed true, a 1440 width iPhone should be 1440x960. Anyways, not sure what it all means, just found it interesting.

2. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

3. chrfr macrumors 603

Or someone changing the User Agent setting in Safari on a Mac.

4. wheezy thread starter macrumors 65816

wheezy

That's my best guess as well, I don't have one to know exactly what it would report. Maybe an iPhone App Developer could chime and let us know? Although, why visit my site in an emulator. I get okay traffic, but that just seems odd to me.

----------

I did that myself, set it to iPad, but Analytics still shows a 1920x1200 Safari/Macintosh combo.

5. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

I'm wanting to say this was it. I've often forgotten to change Safari's user agent back to the default after trying something in iPhone mode on it.

6. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

fixed that for you.

7. wheezy thread starter macrumors 65816

wheezy

I did that earlier today, switched the client to iPad in Dev Tools, and loaded the site. It's not showing up that way in my analytics - it still shows Safari on Mac. That's my impression as well, but I haven't been able to duplicate it yet.

8. Roessnakhan macrumors 68040

Roessnakhan

9. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

There are quite a few ways to fake that information so it is just someone faking it to screw with you. I bet it MacRumors posted theorists they would have a long list of funny looking info.

10. psonice macrumors 6502a

It'll be a spoofed browser agent. I often change mine to iPhone or iPad to get sites with flash to load up the non-flash version instead (as I don't have flash installed it's kind of necessary).

I bet google analytics recognises you from a cookie or by IP and doesn't bother updating the browser details.

11. ScootPatoot macrumors regular

Nice site but doesn't it hurt your eyes a bit with the black background? After looking through it, and coming back here my eyes take a while to adjust. Is it just me? Not knocking your site in any way.

12. chambone macrumors 6502a

chambone

shouldn't that be 960x1440?

13. wheezy thread starter macrumors 65816

wheezy

Yeah, it bugs me too. Haven't updated that one in a while. The site that got the visit was my portfolio site - http://joeljenkins.me

14. ChazUK macrumors 603

ChazUK

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (PlayStation Vita 1.61) AppleWebKit/531.22.8 (KHTML, like Gecko) Silk/3.2)

What aspect ratio would such a screen be?