A at&t store with lots of iPhone 5 but no one buy

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by toshibauser, Sep 21, 2012.

1. toshibauser macrumors member

My friend told me that he went to a at&t store this afternoon with no body waiting to purchase iPhone 5, and he got one easily with 64GB within a second. I am very surprised, and it seems like people are only line up in front of apple store. The AT&T store was in Gainesville FL.

2. SpecialFX45 macrumors newbie

Most people lined up early in the morning for the phone and were sold out or near sold out in a few hours upon opening. Quite a few AT&Ts got an unexpected second shipment in the afternoon. That's how I was able to get mine after canceling my Best Buy pre-order.

3. overlyunderme macrumors regular

overlyunderme

Was going to say that it varies region to region, but the poster above me is in the same city I am and I went to my local AT&T store and they didn't have any left at 3 p.m.

4. toshibauser thread starter macrumors member

Is it possible that not many people want to purchase 64GB iPhone 5, so that there still some 64GB left in the AT&T inventory? Getting 64GB iPhone sounds much easier according to my friend's experience. Well, he does have connection with both apple and at&t employees though.

5. kevink2 macrumors 65816

I would have tried calling the local ATT store but Friday morning my online status changed to Shipped :)

White 64GB model.