A bad bad bad preorder experience with AT&T.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by britneyfan, Nov 17, 2011.

1. britneyfan macrumors 6502

On October 7th I preordered the iPhone 4s.
    In between, I called AT&T because it was saying the order wasn't processed.
    It looked like two iphones were being shipped (one ordered on October 7, another on the 8th)
    I asked AT&T about it and they were like oh blah blah blah you'll only get one. They both said another one was cancelled and another one was coming.
    It came in on launch day, cool.
    Two weeks later from launch day another one came.

The credit card company says we haven't been charged for ANY of them.

We've been holding on to it to get our credit card statement. The statement says nothing so now we're going to bring it to AT&T on Saturday.

What do you think they'll do? I'm so confused.

2. darknyt, Nov 17, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2011

darknyt macrumors 6502a

Cancel your credit card and run like a bandit.

Seriously, what do you expect? If you go and point it out to them, they are going to make sure you get charged for one phone and take back the other.

What possibilities do you see? Why is it a big concern? It's not like they will go all Soup Nazi on you and snatch them both back, and go "No iPhone for you!".

3. DreamscapeRuins, Nov 17, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2011

DreamscapeRuins macrumors member

DreamscapeRuins

I'd go talk to ATT personally about it. I dont think they'll do anything but charge you for one of the phones and take back the other, or charge you for both of the phones. Talk it out with them. They're nicer in person than they are on the phone.

4. KPOM macrumors G5

It's not the credit card company's fault. I'd call AT&T and explain what happened. Once you ship the extra phone back to them, they should make sure that the duplicate charge, if any, gets reversed.