A Beautiful Poem

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by aaronvan, Jan 22, 2017.

1. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

A partial text of the poem that noted crackpot Ashley Judd read at the D.C. Woman's March. No rhyme. No meter. No art. Simply doggerel worthy of a NEA grant. Absolutely and unintentionally hilarious, I might add.

2. Snoopy4 macrumors 6502a

Snoopy4

Supposedly written by some kid, but clearly by her. She just won't fess up to her poor writing skills.

3. aaronvan thread starter Suspended

aaronvan

It amuses me that the media apologetically describes this doggerel as a "beat poem" in order to excuse the glaring amateurism and lack of discernible talent. As if it is on par with Allen Ginsberg and Jack Kerouac, lol.

4. shyam09 macrumors 68000

shyam09

This reminded me of an open letter one of the Indian actresses wrote on Instagram during a molestation incident in southern India. I personally found it positive and powerful.

The point -- there's a way and style of making your point come across to make it meaningful.

I didn't feel the same way when I read Judd's piece.

5. citizenzen macrumors 65816

Do you not like poetry that doesn't rhyme?

Are you more of a limerick kind of guy?

6. aaronvan thread starter Suspended

aaronvan

My favorite poems do have a rhyme scheme. They also demonstrate meter, form, rhythm, and use figurative language. I enjoy a clever limerick, too. Who doesn't?

7. aaronvan thread starter Suspended

aaronvan

Ashley Judd is embarrassing to watch. It's even worse than "I don't feel noways tired." Does she know how ridiculous she sounds? It's sad, because like her as an actor and thought she would really run against Mitch McConnell.