A big sense of Irony coming from Glen Beck

leekohler

macrumors G5
Dec 22, 2004
Chicago, Illinois
Umm...wow. He doesn't even get how ridiculous he is. Prove him wrong? Maybe not- but we've certainly shown how he likes to select which facts he presents. Half truth is NOT the truth.

Big-TDI-Guy

macrumors 68030
Jan 11, 2007
Thanks to Glen B. I keep my staple gun hidden safely away in my basement. Because every time I see him on the tube - I want to staple mine to the floor - in hopes it'll distract me from him. :eek:

Ugh.

Gelfin

macrumors 68020
Sep 18, 2001
Denver, CO
Glen Beck is playing you like a banjo.

Glen beck is playing you like a banjo.
I literally cannot watch more than two or three minutes of this man at a time, so I had not yet decided if he is turning in an Oscar-worthy performance of a crazy man (i.e., the so-called "full retard") or if he is, you know, a crazy man being tragically exploited for his peculiarly charismatic mental defect.

I gather you assume the former. I trust your judgment, and frankly the sheer number of ads for shady financial deals to which he lends his voice on the radio would certainly lend credence to the idea of a more canny character than that which he portrays. All I know is, the people who are his most devoted fans would studiously ignore him were he the same character performing the same incoherent rants to nobody in particular on the bus.

.Andy

macrumors 68030
Jul 18, 2004
The Mergui Archipelago
^^^ saving that smilie it's awesome iBlue :)

I literally cannot watch more than two or three minutes of this man at a time, so I had not yet decided if he is turning in an Oscar-worthy performance of a crazy man (i.e., the so-called "full retard") or if he is, you know, a crazy man being tragically exploited for his peculiarly charismatic mental defect.

I gather you assume the former. I trust your judgment, and frankly the sheer number of ads for shady financial deals to which he lends his voice on the radio would certainly lend credence to the idea of a more canny character than that which he portrays. All I know is, the people who are his most devoted fans would studiously ignore him were he the same character performing the same incoherent rants to nobody in particular on the bus.
You could absolutely be right here. It could just as well be Fox that is using Glen Beck as a crazy conduit for page hits, publicity, and mega advertising revenue. Either way the chemistry is working like a bipartisan charm. Independent of a link being posted out of indignation or relating to the content, the winner is fox news.

Zombie Acorn

macrumors 65816
Feb 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
Everybody knows you never go full retard. :p

Peace

macrumors Core
Apr 1, 2005
Space--The ONLY Frontier
I closed off Faux News 4 years ago and don't even consider it a source of news.

I have more respect for Keith Olbermann than I do for ANY "news anchor" at FOX.

Don't allow Beck to feed of your criticisms and he would just disappear.Why people are so fascinated about even talking about scum like Beck simply confounds my mind.

Dont Hurt Me

macrumors 603
Dec 21, 2002
Yahooville S.C.
I closed off Faux News 4 years ago and don't even consider it a source of news.

I have more respect for Keith Olbermann than I do for ANY "news anchor" at FOX.

Don't allow Beck to feed of your criticisms and he would just disappear.Why people are so fascinated about even talking about scum like Beck simply confounds my mind.
Shepard Smith isnt to bad, thats about it for faux news. the rest are just little republican spin machines/draft dodgers and nothing more.

Rt&Dzine

macrumors 6502a
Oct 8, 2008
Cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs? —or— Halfway decent actor?

Probably some of both. The bully playing the victim is a joke.

bradl

macrumors 601
Jun 16, 2008
Beck is freaking out because people are looking into his past?? Uh yeah, that's ironic all right. Permit me to add these words of comfort:
Seeing this, and how much of a roasting he's given Obama (pretty much everyone on Faux News has given Obama), especially with the race card, birth certificate, and not being American, I am reminded of a line from Icky Thump by the White Stripes:

White Americans, what, nothing better to do?
Why don't you kick yourself out, you're an immigrant too
Who's using who? What should we do?
Well, you can't be a pimp and a prostitute too

Icky Thump, handcuffed to a bunk
robbed blind, looked around and there was nobody else
Left alone, I hit myself with a stone
Went home, and learned out to clean up after myself
Strong words from someone so young.. And Beck is honestly both stupid and naive to know what they'd mean should someone throw them in his face.

BL.

Thomas Veil

macrumors 68020
Feb 14, 2004
OBJECTIVE reality
Off-topic, but I just noticed the avatars and sigs for edesignuk and iBlue, and I love 'em! After not seeing the movie for a couple of years, I literally just this weekend ordered "V for Vendetta" on PPV, and was impressed all over again. God, what a great story!

NT1440

macrumors G5
May 18, 2008
My god, the man raves like that on the air and still people take him seriously. I'm confused as to how and why this man has a place in the limelight to spread his garbage.

iBlue

macrumors Core
Mar 17, 2005
London, England
Off-topic, but I just noticed the avatars and sigs for edesignuk and iBlue, and I love 'em! After not seeing the movie for a couple of years, I literally just this weekend ordered "V for Vendetta" on PPV, and was impressed all over again. God, what a great story!
Good, innit? Viva la revolution! :D