A breakdown of the unibody iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by gman27, Aug 8, 2012.

1. gman27 macrumors member

2. THE JUICEMAN macrumors 68000

THE JUICEMAN

That was a GREAT article outlining the rumored new iPhone and it's differences and benefits. It should be highlighted on the front page if you ask me. Makes me feel better about upgrading. Thanks for sharing.

3. leoneedees macrumors member

I actually enjoyed that article a lot. Very detailed and made it easy to understand. If this holds true a lot more goes into this new iphone than most people may give credit for. We just have to see come September 12th (hopefully)

4. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Really interesting stuff and the most convincing/logical conclusions I've read to date.

Thanks for sharing.

5. MRxRoman macrumors newbie

I agree. This article was very helpful, and changed my overall look on this rumored design. I am looking forward to the release!

6. al0513 macrumors 6502

7. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

lol i love the fact he pointed out the coke nail lol

[​IMG]

----------

posted at the exact same time :p

8. bmms8 macrumors 68020

This was definitely a great article, thanks for posting! By far the best piece i have read! Hopefully this stays true. Regardless of what comes out, I don't think people will be dissapointed. That black iPhone looks amazing!

9. Eddy Munn macrumors 6502

Eddy Munn

Genuinely interesting read, you can tell it was written by a designer.
    Loving the 'coke-nail' reference too!

10. al0513 macrumors 6502

:p beat you to it :) :eek:

11. Eddy Munn macrumors 6502

Eddy Munn

And me, I open the replied box and then read the article. ;)

12. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

So i think this pretty much all but confirms the leak

13. retinarob macrumors regular

Great article.

"Classic Apple design refinement" made me breathe a little easier.

14. k3roro macrumors 6502

This was a wonderful read, what I found super interesting was this quote "They need to transmit their signal through non-signal-blocking materials such as plastic or glass. That was why the original iPhone had a black plastic piece at the bottom of the case, why the 3G/3GS’s back was made entirely of plastic, and why the 4/4S’s back was made entirely of glass. This is why there are the two pieces of either glass or plastic at the top and bottom of this design."

15. gman27 thread starter macrumors member

It's def hard to ignore everything he's pointing out and not think that what we've seen is the next iPhone. Would be a real shock if it isn't.

16. Want300 macrumors 65816

Want300

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Ugh, oh well. I had been preparing for disappointment anyway.

17. bigjnyc macrumors 601

bigjnyc

This design is definitely growing on me. Both the black and the white version look really sexy in some pictures. I'm sure it's going to look amazing once we see the finished product in person. I was really hoping Apple would change the front of the phone but I guess its the iconic look of an iPhone. Oh well I skipped the 4S so I'm buying whatever they put out there.

18. Skika macrumors 68030

Still dont understand why people are calling the bottom grill the "speaker grill" when its obviously going to be the microphone/speaker grill.

19. Astcooper macrumors newbie

The linked article on that page (refinement vs innovation) is also a very interesting read. It really brought into question for me the urge for "innovation' and what exactly we mean when we lust for it. Would recommend to read that also!

20. tann macrumors 68000

Brilliant article! Didn't think of a LOT of the points he raised!

I also agree with the poster above when they said that the grills on the bottom won't just be speaker but it'll be speaker and mic! I bet the larger one is the speaker and the smaller is the mic...

21. Indy21 macrumors 6502

Great article. Got me excited about the new iPhone as if it were already confirmed and released! Can't wait.

Oh, and I lol'd at the coke nail! LMAO :p

22. brock2621 macrumors 6502a

brock2621

Are you really feeling disappointed? I'm not patronizing or anything, just honest question. I'm trying to think of a design that is currently on the market that is made so well, with the best materials that I would rather have, and I can't think of one. The One-X is great, but a distant second in my (very humble) opinion...

23. animatedude macrumors 65816

the Aluminum on the black iPhone looks dark and awful....on the white iPhone the Aluminum is bright and just perfect like all the Aluminum on the Apple products.

24. Technarchy macrumors 603

Technarchy

That was actually really interesting to read.

No doubt far more goes into designing a phone than any of us ever really consider.

25. gman27 thread starter macrumors member

A lot of people said the iPhone 4 looked bad. I always reserve judgement until I see the device on Apple's site. Fact is, I think it looks pretty awesome and my guess is it's going to feel even more robust and well crafted than the iPhone 4S, which is saying A LOT.