A case for abortion and immigration, an uncommon exception

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by PracticalMac, Jun 9, 2019.

Tags:
  1. PracticalMac, Jun 9, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2019

PracticalMac macrumors 68030

PracticalMac

A case for abortion and immigration, an uncommon* exception.

This is a "worst case" real life example, want to hear opinions.
    (add mine later).

11 year old Sofia was raped and became pregnant. She lives in small village in Tegucigalpa, Honduras
    The rapist was reported and jailed, but his family is threatening the girl and her mother with death. It also seems the rapist will not be in prison for very long.
    As for Sofia, she has no idea about becoming a mother, being pregnant, and what giving birth is like. There is also a high chance she could die during child birth.

*I said uncommon, as this is happening far more than reported.

Question to audience:
    Should abortion be allows in rape? (EDIT: when discovered early in pregnancy)

Should Sofia and mother have help to relocate somewhere safe from death threats, even the US?
    Where should the funding for them come from?

EDIT: 1 more question:
    Should an International Sex Ed course class be mandatory for everyone in world?

2. JayMysterio macrumors 6502a

JayMysterio

She wouldn't want to come to the U.S.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...3f963eea204_story.html?utm_term=.f1f686ced3a1

That's not even counting this gross act on top of all this...

https://nowthisnews.com/videos/politics/scott-lloyd-admits-to-tracking-teens-menstruation
    We're not even including the hurdles the administration already puts in place for coming here for asylum reasons.

I'd argue in my opinion trying to the come to the states for such reasons would cause more stress on the young girl.

3. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

just my opinion... the young girl and her unborn child should be helped and cared for. If she cannot or is unable to provide the baby with life, suitable adoptive parents should be given the chance to help the baby survive.

The rapist should be executed... let the family mull over his death while they think about threatening others with death.

priorities... 1. the life of the girl, 2. the life of the baby, 3. end the life of the rapist.

4. Bug-Creator macrumors 6502a

Bug-Creator

So the Trump administration is hellbend on creating anchor-babies in these cases?

Who would have thought....

5. JayMysterio macrumors 6502a

JayMysterio

Yeah, it gets kind of weird with that...

https://truthout.org/articles/trump...tes-some-migrant-mothers-from-their-newborns/

6. linuxcooldude macrumors 68020

Domestic violence while it can be horrific, is not covered under assilum laws. It was meant for percecution by a government. Its something local law enforcement and their government should be dealing with and not foreign countries. Some of which has been dealt with already.

7. PracticalMac thread starter macrumors 68030

PracticalMac

Good, but:

1. What is the fetus threatens the life of girl (complications)?

2. What if she does not want the baby, being the offspring of rapist? (you can add details)

3. Execute the rapist, and other members of rapist family who threaten girl/mother?
    --- Post Merged, Jun 9, 2019 ---
    I left if open to send aid if not approve asylum immigration.

8. linuxcooldude, Jun 9, 2019

linuxcooldude macrumors 68020

I generally might agree, but then we are probably already sending aid already, and if so, how is it being use?

I'm a little iffy, if we send aid only to have it go elsewhere and would need to see some proof that aids going where it suppose to before sending more.

9. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

An 11-year old rape victim should not be made or even encouraged to carry her foetus to full term.

10. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

I already answered your points...

1. the life of the girl is priority one (even at the expense of the unborn baby).
    2. there are people who want the baby to survive... those people are even willing to endure sacrifices in their own life to provide for the baby.
    3. execute the rapist... his family and others like them will get a clue soon enough.

11. raqball macrumors 68000

Question to audience:
    Should abortion be allows in rape? (EDIT: when discovered early in pregnancy)

Sure I am for that....

Should Sofia and mother have help to relocate somewhere safe from death threats, even the US?
    Where should the funding for them come from?

Yes and No...

No:
    Why would she need to flee to the US?
    Yes: She can be relocated to the closest nation that offers safety if she chooses and can fund it.

How about UN funding for those who can't afford it?

EDIT: 1 more question:
    Should an International Sex Ed course class be mandatory for everyone in world?

Sure I'd be for that as well but I don't see how that would apply to the case you mention.

12. PracticalMac thread starter macrumors 68030

PracticalMac

Seeking clarity on thoughts.
    "Why would she need to flee to the US? " The US if safety could not be guaranteed in region or even Mexico. US is far safer.

Sex Ed: Includes topics of rights to own body, that forced sex is a crime, consent, respect, boundaries, and like.

13. ouimetnick macrumors 68020

ouimetnick

I see, so if your own daughter was raped, you would want her to carry the rapist’s fetus until birth.

I hope you don’t actually have a daughter.

14. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

I don't have a daughter... but if I did, I would get professional help for her, to get through it and steer her toward turning a negative into a positive, by helping a loving family prepared to give the baby every chance in life it deserves.

How would you help a child get over a rape? ... steer her toward killing the other innocent child?

I'd also like to kill the rapist myself and save everyone the expense of executing him.

15. ouimetnick macrumors 68020

ouimetnick

Depending on her age, it let HER make her OWN choice and I’d do my best to support her since it’s not my uterus or my body. Also please don’t compare an embryo or fetus to an actual developed child; they aren’t the same thing no matter your opinion on that subject.
    If said daughter wanted to carry the fetus to term, I’d support her, if she opted for an abortion since she was raped (not her decision) then I’d also support her.

16. mgguy, Jun 9, 2019

mgguy macrumors 6502

mgguy

Not sure why the plight of a young girl in Honduras is the responsibility of US and US taxpayers. Sadly, this and worse occurs all over the world every day.