A Catholic Priest Put An Aborted Fetus On The Altar In An Appeal For Donald Trump

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by steve knight, Nov 8, 2016.

1. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

This is so sick I very much doubt trump cares about abortion and I bet he has paid for at least a few of them himself.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...d-trump/?postshare=6461478559004312&tid=ss_tw

2. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

An aborted fetus walked into a bar and said to the bartender, "Man, let me tell you about my day."

3. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

While I find the mans actions to be disgraceful, abortion is one of those things people want, but don't want to know the details. If they could visualize it, they'd have a hard time supporting it.

4. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

Like the death penalty. Or war.

5. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

The Catholic Church is pretty clear about this. Abortion is murder in their eyes. I can't say that I disagree with them.

6. APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

Someone aught to inform this dude that Trump supports exceptions for rape and incest. (Unless he's flip-flopped on that like he has on the issue in general...)

Also why do I get the feeling that this is another miscarriage that's being misrepresented as an abortion?

7. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

I guess then we should outlaw colonoscopies as well then.....

8. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

The worse part of those is the prep, and even then the prep is no worse than the results from a bad taco bell or sliders night.

9. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

I'm pretty sure my insurance covered my taco bell trip, thanks Obama.

10. LizKat, Nov 8, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2016

LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

Offhand I'd say there's some detail needed for this quote from the linked piece in WaPo:

In Pavone’s Facebook appeal, he wrote, “we have to decide if we will allow this child killing
    to continue in America or not. Hillary Clinton and the Democratic platform says yes, let the
    child-killing continue (and you pay for it); Donald Trump and the Republican platform says

no, the child should be protected.”
    The detail is that the Republican platform seems to quit caring about that child at birth, or the mother at all.

From the get go, the kid should perhaps just bootstrap himself up to the heights of material success? The Republicans are the chief proponents of catch-22 provisions like converting welfare into workfare but failing to provide adequate resources for childcare, and by the way if you want contraceptives, that's on you, and obviously don't expect availability of abortion clinics, in fact don't even expect women's health clinics.

More and more Americans believe the decision to have an abortion, or not, is best left to the woman and her physician. More than half believe it should be legal in most cases, and that the choice (including the morality of the decision) is a personal one. More and more the political view towards legislation converges on "safe but rare" abortion, and not least because we have better methods of birth control today and until at least recently, better access to it and education about it as well. To publicize this particular abortion --or miscarriage-- in this way is a travesty of political will, moral choice and social justice by a priest of a Church that perhaps wrongly prides itself on that social justice (at least on this day), and a blatant mockery of the woman's right to privacy.

11. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

Because having a camera shoved up your rectum is equal to the destruction of a human life.

12. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

I'm sorry, did you not state "abortion is one of those things people want, but don't want to know the details. If they could visualize it, they'd have a hard time supporting it". If the visualizing logic holds, we should outlaw colonoscopies and taking a crap, no?

Take the joke, and come join us in the 21st century where a zygote is not a human.

13. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

Visualizing that a given act led to the death of an human being is a lot different than visualizing your colon on a screen. I can take a joke if it's funny. Regarding joining you in the 21st century where a zygote is not a human, I'm not sure if it's willful ignorance or not but zygotes aren't the only thing being knocked off.

14. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Seriously, don't care. I'm never going to be carrying a child so it not my place, my government, or mythical sky fairy X or Y's place to tell a woman what she can do when it comes to that situation.

15. Raid macrumors 68020

Raid

I like this from the article:
    The Church bemoans the loss of life but is only willing to offer condemnation, because we all know the incredible burden and responsibility it is to actually care about the life from beginning to end.

16. PracticalMac macrumors 68030

PracticalMac

IF the Catholic church and Republican party simply approve and encourage contraception, then unwanted-pregnancy abortions would be all but non-existent (medically related not counted).

And the number of unwanted-pregnancy children going on welfare would also plummet.

And if comprehensive and early sex education was mandatory in school (as it is in Europe) unwanted-pregnancy and unwanted children would also reduce.

This is not fiction but facts gained from studies in Europe.

Oh, it must be rigged, like everything is.

17. VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

The sight of an amputated limb, resected tumor, or the body of a woman who died from a botched abortion would be equally disturbing, as would the sight of a priest being made to carry a pregnancy against his will...

18. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

I guess you ignore the orphanages, adoption agencies, charity work, the hospitals that the Church run.
    --- Post Merged, Nov 8, 2016 ---
    Your ignorance is showing.

19. VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

You forgot the bank.

20. vrDrew macrumors 65816

When I saw this story, my first question was this:

Where does one go to find a freshly aborted human fetus?

I don't know that much about the procedure, but I somehow don't think that women's healthcare clinics make a habit of just tossing them into the trash. My (limited) understanding of such things is that hospitals have extremely strict procedures for disposal of surgically removed material, since it is considered hazardous bio-waste. Most excised organs and amputated limbs are incinerated. My dentist's office takes special care to securely dispose of pulled wisdom teeth.

I can just about bring myself to imagine that there are facilities that would put an aborted fetus into the trash. But I struggle mightily to imagine a priest rummaging through the black plastic bags in back, just hoping to get "lucky' and come across a fetus. Ghoulish doesn't begin to describe that.

21. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

Noted. From other posters. "The good far out weighs the bad of the foundation..er..Church.

22. bent christian Suspended

bent christian

Apparently, Trump Tower (NYC)
    --- Post Merged, Nov 8, 2016 ---
    I fixed your post.

23. Raid macrumors 68020

Raid

I'll recant my statement if this guy actually takes care of an orphanage, an adoption agency or a hospital.

24. samcraig macrumors P6

I'm sure watching someone go through aversion therapy is very palatable too.