A Chance for Trump to Do the Right Thing

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by vrDrew, May 23, 2017.

1. vrDrew macrumors 65816

Do not appoint Milwaukee County Sheriff David Clarke to any position in the Administration.

Sheriff Clarke has been an embarrassment to Milwaukee County and SE Wisconsin for years now. And while we would glad to be rid of him under almost any circumstances, his behavior, background, and beliefs are simply too awful to inflict on the rest of the country.

The job of the Sheriff's Office (never "department") in this part of the world comes down to two things: Provide patrols for the Interstates and state highways system. And run the jail. And Clarke's running of the jail has been almost unbelievably abysmal. A 38-yr-old inmate with a bipolar disorder died in Milwaukee County jail after being denied water for several days. A newborn infant died in a Jail cell after her mother gave birth while shackled to the floor.

Read that and wonder that such things can happen in America.

Sheriff Clarke also had his deputies detain and question a local resident after an incident on an airplane. The resident's offense? He had shaken his head as he walked past Clarke (wearing Dallas Cowboys gear) in the first class section of the aircraft. Milwaukee is, as you might imagine, a city fiercely loyal to the Green Bay Packers.

Clarke has carved out something of a celebrity position with his frequent appearances on Fox News, as well as his penchant for wearing a large Stetson hat. Most recently, he came to attention when it was revealed that large portions of his Masters thesis were liberally plagiarized.

Here is a chance for Trump to prove that the good of the country comes first. Do the right thing. And keep this disgusting nutjob out of your Administration.

2. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

3. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

DHS I think.

Yep. You would think if you were going to take the time to bash a person you would include the position you didn't want them in.

4. CaptMurdock macrumors 6502a

CaptMurdock

This is not a guy I want to be grade-school milk monitor, let alone in a position of authority at the Department of Fatherland *cough* Homeland Security.

5. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Does it matter. The guy is unfit for any public or any office for that matter.

6. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

I don't like him either. For completely different reasons(pretends to be pro-gun, wouldn't sign off on class 3).

7. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

what they guy is perfect for the post fist in with the rest of them.

8. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

ugh, no ... I don't think he'd be confirmed, either.

otoh i didn't think we'd elect Trump.

9. alex2792 macrumors 6502a

I like Clarke,he's a no nonsense guy who doesn't coddle criminals.

10. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

true he tends to let them die ad such.

11. Gutwrench macrumors 65816

Gutwrench

Fully agree and would add I don't think he coddles anyone. I like him too.

12. TonyC28 macrumors 65816

TonyC28

Seems like a no-nonsense guy and has an ideology that some people like. And based on the deaths that occurred under his watch it also seems like he shouldn't be in charge of anything.

13. vrDrew thread starter macrumors 65816

He is full of nonsense.

Starting with his ridiculous affectation of huge Stetson cowboy hats. Then there is the fact that he likes to cover his uniform with pins from all sorts of non-official, non-Governmental organizations. It is the law enforcement equivalent of "flair" from Office Space.

We won't get into his plagiarized thesis. We'll stay silent on his numerous Fox News appearances. We'll stay silent on his comparing Black Lives Matter with ISIS.

But if your idea of "no nonsense" is Sheriff David Clarke: You are looking at the wrong guy.

14. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

15. chown33 macrumors 604

Maybe an opportunity for Sheriff Joe Arpaio.

Dueling Sheriffs.

I like it.

16. darksithpro macrumors regular

They're just pissed because he's a Black Republican and a lawman, who doesn't put up with the liberal nonsense. The liberals commonly call him "Uncle Tom". Apparently if you're black and are a Republican, then something must be wrong with you.:rolleyes: God forbid you think outside of the box and stop giving your votes to Welfare Democrats that wan't to keep you in poverty.

17. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

What does this mean?
    Except @vrDrew has come up with more facts than another else in the thread, except @DrewDaHilp1 who also doesn't like him.

18. TonyC28 macrumors 65816

TonyC28

Couldn't just focus on the part where I said he shouldn't be in charge of anything? Great movie by the way.

19. vrDrew thread starter macrumors 65816

Well, I appreciate the fact that we agree David Clarke shouldn't be in charge of anything.

But I'd ask you to reconsider what you mean when you use phrases such as "no nonsense." To me, that suggests somebody without any fripperies, any agenda. When it comes to (admittedly fictional) law enforcement, I think of Joe Friday and his "Just the facts, ma'am" line.

Not a guy prancing around at a Sean Hannity rally wearing a Stetson the size of a wagon wheel.

20. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

Sure he is pro gun what else matters?

21. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

Theses days if you are black, white, or yellow, there is something wrong if you are a Republican. :oops: Republican leadership today has no relationship to the GOP of the 1960s. Back then Republicans had empathy, morality, and integrity. Those qualities have been flushed for the sake of the short term win.

22. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

Used to be until last year that you had to have the Chief Law Enforcement Officer(CLEO) in your area(Usually the County Sheriff) sign off on an ATF form before you could purchase/DIY a Class 3 Firearm. Class 3 is any Suppressor, Short Barrelled Rifle or Shotgun, Machine Gun. The law changed last year and now all you have to do is notify the CLEO and their approval is no longer necessary.

23. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

you mean feelings & hyperbole because OMG , the guy wears a Hat :rolleyes:
    --- Post Merged, May 24, 2017 ---
    not much different from the war hawks in the DEM party who are more than happy to spy on you and deny you your rights under the Constitution...

24. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

Tell me about all the Democrat hawks. :rolleyes:

25. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

Obama/Clinton......... hell it was Obama who stripped away peoples rights signing indefinite detention w/o trial into law