A classy and sexy sleeve/bag for my macbook pro 13

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by henrikrox, Jun 10, 2010.

1. henrikrox macrumors 65816

henrikrox

So

Now that the macbook pro 13 is on the way, along with the mstand, i thought oh **** i need a sleeve.

We all now the macbook pro is one sexy piece of equipment, and i dont want to dress that kitten in a ugly sleeve with flowers on it, no offence to those who like that, its just not my taste.

What i would like.

* Slim
    * Black leather

Think http://www.goincase.com/products/detail/book-jacket-cl57511

But for the macbook pro, instead of the banding on the top, maybe it should have a zipper all the way around.

If you think business dudes around around with a thin thin leather flap thingy, something like that, but a bit bulkier i guess.

Does that exsist? If so point me in the direction, doesnt have to be black, but pref, white leather, grey or black.

Again, design over protection etc, thats my decision, so dont ask about that.

2. sn0warmy macrumors 6502a

sn0warmy

3. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

It's not leather, but the booq Vyper is the best protection I've ever seen in a notebook sleeve. In my opinion, it offers far better protection than any neoprene case, the zippers never come into contact with your MBP, and it looks great!
    [​IMG]

4. cloroxbleach4 macrumors 6502a

cloroxbleach4

5. henrikrox thread starter macrumors 65816

henrikrox

I like it, only thing i dont like is the 3 lines on the top, which is higher then the rest of the case. I also love the inside of the sleeve.

Shame it isnt leather.

I would consider Vaja, but the crafting is like 45 days.

I would also consider the LAcoste sport messenger bag but it isnt available in norway. And i cant find a online store which has it

6. MikeyJ57 macrumors member

Ditto! Great case!

7. nineohtoo macrumors 6502

nineohtoo

I just bought one of the newer waxed canvas incase sleeves off someone on ebay for a little less than they go for in the store. My old black/green one from the early macbook days is too roomy for the new 13" MBP. I tried the canvas one in store and it fits pretty well and the finish looks great. Only thing is I think it offers little to no protection if it's dropped. I suppose it's more for preserving the finish than anything else.

8. Martin V macrumors newbie

I've bought the "book book" sleeve/case for my macbook pro "15 it just look like a antique book. many people are surprised when i open the book and get my macbook out. It is specially made for macbook pro's "13 and "15 and the protection is very good, because of the precise fitting.

http://www.twelvesouth.com/

9. SonicBoom1981 macrumors regular

Just got mine two days ago. Love it so far, thought not taken my MBP for a walk in it anywhere yet, so time will tell, but it seems real nice.

10. kny3twalker macrumors 65816

kny3twalker

Well since no one has mentioned waterfield yet. The sleevecase is excellent quality, made in the USA, and customizable.

Waterfield SleeveCase

[​IMG]

Orientation can be vertical or horizontal (horizontal above)

11. xmaxonx macrumors newbie

12. kristir macrumors newbie

been looking for something like that too

here's one I've run across in my search that might fit what you're looking for
    - leather
    - zips all the way around
    - has handles that retract so it can be used alone or in another bag
    - small slip pocket on one side (don't think it will be useful for carrying much other than paper or something equally slim)

Toffee Brief

[​IMG]