A connection I made between the iLounge iPhone/Apple patent

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Uguubot, May 8, 2012.

1. Uguubot macrumors member

Uguubot

Hey everyone, if you haven't seen the iLounge mockup new iPhone's, you can see them on iLounge here . What I want you to do is check out the charger port.

Then, look at the new charger they patented (if you haven't seen it read about it here. I realize it links to my own blog but I obviously would think it's the best source) .

Do you think that they could be related? To my untrained eye, the shape of the new charger and the shape of the charging port on the "new iPhone" look extremely similar.

2. hakuna-matata macrumors 6502

seriously dude, who cares about shape of a fra**ing charger??

3. Uguubot thread starter macrumors member

Uguubot

If it was any other company it wouldn't be that big of a surprise. But Apple has used their charging system for so long it'd be a big jump.

4. Azzin macrumors 68040

The thing that bugs/concerns me is that I have an iPhone 4 and a new iPad, my Wife has an iPhone and we all share the various chargers that are around the house (the one that gets used most is the one in the living room).

So what happens (for me anyway) if the new iPhone comes with a smaller dock connector?

Are Apple expecting people to go out and buy new chargers/docks to replace the ones that they have around the house currently?

Also, what about if you have purchased some lind of audio dock/speaker for your music and you can't then dock your new iphone to it anymore?

If this is going to happen, then surely the new iPhone will come with an adaptor, so that I can connect it to my existing cables & docks?

5. sammich macrumors 601

sammich

For the poster above: I think it's unreasonable to expect that something, no matter how convenient it may be, won't change. I don't even think Apple will ship a converter in the box, because they aren't really obligated to. But it would be nice if they did. Also, since most chargers are USB, then all you'd need is the cable, not the transformer block. Having a converter might even be a hassle.

Also, I see what the OP did there: he made a 'connection'. Geddit? :D

6. Azzin macrumors 68040

Fair point but as I said, my Wife and I share chargers currently.

If I were to plug my new iPhone connector lead in to the mains plug, she wouldn't be able to charge her phone...