A couple of (hopefully) simple questions about Adium

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by MortimerJazz, Mar 5, 2008.

1. MortimerJazz macrumors regular

I've got three accounts set up on Adium, which all seem to be fine.

However, recently I've noticed that if someone requests to be added to my contact list (and I accept), I then get another pop-up box asking if I want to add them to another one of my accounts. When I refuse them from that one, they seem to disappear all together.

It's almost like two of my accounts are somehow linked or synchronised. So, my two questions are:

1. How can I unlink my accounts? If someone adds me as a friend I only want to add them to one acount. Not two.

2. How can I switch contacts from one account to another? Friends appear to have been added to the wrong account, mainly because of the problem above.

Thanks alot,

2. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

Just simply right click on their name and view the properties and select the accounts for them to appear on.

TEG

3. MortimerJazz thread starter macrumors regular

When you say "Right Click", do yu mean CTRL+Click?

Because I can't see any properties option when I do that ...

Thanks,

4. cmaier macrumors G3

ctrl-click, select "get info," and then choose "accounts"

5. MortimerJazz thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks cmaier - but I've tried that. I seem to be able to edit the account that the name is currently stored under, but as soon as I tab across to the other field, the account name reverts back to what it was before.

I can't seem to be able to save any changes once I've typed in the correct address.

6. cmaier macrumors G3

Hmm. Well, your problem is now outside my paygrade.

7. Cromulent macrumors 603

Cromulent

If you didn't already know you can actually right click the mouse instead of having to press Ctrl + click.

8. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

You must hit enter, not tab. You just click on the dropdown, select the account, then save.

TEG