Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ChinMusic

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 21, 2006
Had these two problems:

1) Mini store intro opens up on the bottom every time I open up iTunes -- I want it to stay hidden.

2) When I installed the new itunes, all of the songs from my itunes library obviously carried over to the new one. But whenever I start up iTunes, on the top where it usually displays the song that is playing, it says "Determining Gapless Playback Information - Analyzing blah blah blah song 7 out of 2541"... I really don't care for this, either.

EDIT: I guess I could also use a little bit of help getting the parenthesis right.

ChinMusic

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 21, 2006
So what exactly does it do...? I wouldn't really mind, I just don't want it to double my library size or change all of the songs or something.

Verschoren

macrumors regular
Apr 1, 2005
Antwerp, Belgium
it checks the beginning and end of all the songs so that, when you select gapless playback it can play the songs of one album (like dark side of the moon from pink floyd) withour any empty soudnless gaps between the songs

ChinMusic

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 21, 2006
Ok, problem number 3. It doesn't remember ANY OF THE SETTINGS that I applied when I was last in iTunes.

So I say hide ministore, open up iTunes again, and there it is. I say make the shuffle 25 songs, it goes back to 10.

liquidtrance123

macrumors member
Feb 22, 2005
Cincinnati, Ohio
Ok after 5 minutes with iTunes7 i'm thoroughly pissed, and have already experienced a kernel panic. There has GOT to be someway to turn off Gapless playback. All my mp3s are on a server in another room. I mount the drive when i want to play my mp3s. There are over 180gigs of mp3s on this drive array and having itunes index these thousands of files is going to take entirely way to long. Has anyone figured out a way to turn this function off? :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.