A Couple of Problems With the iPhone 3GS (for a friend)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Justin122, Dec 28, 2010.

1. Justin122 macrumors 6502

Hello everyone,

My friend is having some problems with his 8GB iPhone 3GS and requested whether any of you could help him get some of them sorted. These are the problems he is having:

• The keyboard often will not disappear when returning from reading/composing an SMS message, therefore making it unable to read the message behind it.

• Problem occasionally occurs in apps where the app will close automatically with no explanation/prior warning. On restarting the app, it will occasionally freeze or have jolty motion. (e.g Angry Birds).

• Occasionally I have had the issue where I have had a incoming call and the screen 'slide to answer' appears. But, I have slide the bar across, but nothing happens; it's like the touch screen stops and the phone won't answer the call and the phone won't stop ringing as I am unable to answer. This is quite annoying when because I often have to explain why I didn't pick up.

Thanks in advance,

Justin122

2. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

They all look like system problems. I'd try to do a restore via iTunes and set it up as a new phone.

3. Nachos macrumors member

Nachos

I have experienced the third problem. I restored it and now it works perfectly.

4. FSMBP macrumors 68020

FSMBP

The first problem is an iOS flaw. For some reason, when the keyboard is already up while viewing a text, it can't be closed unless you exit the thread.

5. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

As the above poster said, the first problem is a bug with the OS itself. You have to exit the message (go back to the messages list), reopen the message (the keyboard should still be up at this point), exit it yet again, then reopen it a second time and the keyboard should have now disappeared.

6. JASApplications macrumors 65816