A couple of questions about my first Macbook Pro purchase

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by carbonfly, Jan 25, 2010.

1. carbonfly macrumors regular

Hey guys, I am going to buy a Macbook Pro for my wife's birthday which is on Jan 30th. I want to order a 13" Pro upgraded to 4GB of RAM. Assuming that Apple releases an update for their Pro line I am waiting until the 27th to get one which won't allow for much time for delivery.

1. Can I pick up this custom configuration at a physical Apple Store without having to order it online?
    2. Can I get the student discount in-store with my student ID?

Thanks guys and gals.

2. Skibrett3211 macrumors member

Skibrett3211

if your waiting until the event and they introduce the i5 and i7 chips. More than likely those will go into the 15'' and 17" not the 13". So I think that its possible that the base macbook pro will be bumped up to 4g standard. So then yo wouldn't have to get a custom configuration.

3. NeuralControl macrumors 6502a

You can only upgrade the RAM in store. Everything else is done online. Getting the student discount will not be a problem in the store. Just bring in your student ID or any university documentation with your name on it.

4. psingh01 macrumors 65816

You should check the retail store because sometimes they carry configurations that are not the base model. You can't ask for a specific custom config but if they already sell it then you can get it. For example some stores carry MBP with the anti-glare screens or Mac Pros with upgraded GPU and RAM.