A different bending question.

MinEderPlayz

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 3, 2013
Hamburg, Germany
Just a little question.
Isn't it dangerous to charge a bent phone? I mean like exploding and stuff there are always those horror stories but what is the real risk?

davidgnomo

macrumors 6502a
Feb 16, 2012
Imola (BO) - Italy
I got a different bending question too ... if I ever come to "slightly" bend my iPhone (I should be stupid or very unfortunate to bend it "a lot" !), what if I try to gently bend it the other way to get it straight again ? Shouldn't it go back to the original shape ?

Surf Monkey

macrumors 68030
Oct 3, 2010
Portland, OR
I got a different bending question too ... if I ever come to "slightly" bend my iPhone (I should be stupid or very unfortunate to bend it "a lot" !), what if I try to gently bend it the other way to get it straight again ? Shouldn't it go back to the original shape ?
You should take it back, not try to fix it yourself.

MinEderPlayz

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 3, 2013
Hamburg, Germany
No I don't have a bent iPhone. I was just wondering since in those videos you always hear cracking sounds and that just doesn't seem to be good for the battery. Maybe if that's like a thing? Exploding batteries due to bending?

bandofbrothers

macrumors 601
Oct 14, 2007
Uk
Sometimes too much thought can be put into a subject.

If one bent I wouldn't contemplate trying to rectify it.

Let Apple deal with it.

davidgnomo

macrumors 6502a
Feb 16, 2012
Imola (BO) - Italy
If your phone is bent, they will think you bent it. They will likely not want to replace it. Why would they. Unlike others here who has "seen several that were bent right out of the box", it would be very unlikely.
So there's no way out ... you just have to hope it never bends and be extremely careful while using it ... :rolleyes:

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
So there's no way out ... you just have to hope it never bends and be extremely careful while using it ... :rolleyes:
It does not take a lot of care to not bend your phone. Just common sense.

Not sitting on it in your back pocket is a good start.

It really takes something out of the ordinary to bend your phone. It is not something that is worth worrying about in everyday normal use. People here are making themselves sick over the worry.

davidgnomo

macrumors 6502a
Feb 16, 2012
Imola (BO) - Italy
It does not take a lot of care to not bend your phone. Just common sense.

Not sitting on it in your back pocket is a good start.

It really takes something out of the ordinary to bend your phone. It is not something that is worth worrying about in everyday normal use. People here are making themselves sick over the worry.
I hope you're right ... it really seems so fragile, but it's also damn beautiful ...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.