A feature I would love implemented... possible?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iBreatheApple, Aug 27, 2012.

1. iBreatheApple, Aug 27, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2012

iBreatheApple macrumors 68020

iBreatheApple

Something I'd find quite useful is varying EQ settings per connection type. So for example, if I connect via bluetooth, it would switch to a certain EQ. If I plug in headphones, it switches to another.

Hardware and software wise, is something like this possible? I don't see why it wouldn't be.

Anyone else think this would be an awesome feature?

Edit: Refer to this post for clarification to the "...but everyone has different EQ tastes" response you might be thinking. ;)

2. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

Possible? Yes. Will it ever be implemented? I doubt it. The trouble is everybody's EQ tastes differ widely...No amount of automatic pre0sets is going to cover them all.

I'm super fussy, and often find myself changing the EQ per track..If there was an One size fits all "Middle Ground" then it might work, but recordings differ too, some are bass biased, some treble etc.

3. charlieegan3 macrumors 68020

charlieegan3

While I also doubt this will happen, whats to stop the different EQ modes being user defined?

4. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

Nothing, but you can do that in itunes before you transfer to your IOS device...I wouldn't mind seeing it, just don;t think Apple will implement it. I like being able to "Fine Tune" things.:)

5. iBreatheApple thread starter macrumors 68020

iBreatheApple

Sorry, I don't think I really explained what I wanted well. If I set it to "deep bass" when connected via the aux port, I want it to always change to that until I change it again. Then when I dock it, it sets it to normal like a set it will docked sometime previously. So not an "auto-guess" feature, just memorize what the user set it to for different connections.

6. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

That should be possible...Maybe a post in the iPhone / hacks section? I tend not to hack my IOS stuff, but I'll bey somebody in there will know if this is possible...Might mean a JB though.

7. iBreatheApple thread starter macrumors 68020

iBreatheApple

I don't really want to hack or jailbreak my device, I just thought this would be an awesome feature and was just wondering if it was something physically possible. Thanks!

8. slopokdave macrumors member

9. iBreatheApple thread starter macrumors 68020

iBreatheApple

Not worth it.

10. iBreatheApple thread starter macrumors 68020

iBreatheApple

Read a couple posts down from my OP where I clarified.

11. 1080p macrumors 68020

1080p

Awesome BEATS FTW!

12. Comeagain? macrumors 68020

Comeagain?

Are the EQ functions in iOS really good enough to warrant switching between them based on the output device?

13. iBreatheApple thread starter macrumors 68020

iBreatheApple

For me, yes. Although my Klipsch headphones have a significant amount of bass, I like the boost function. For my TDK 3, the bass response is so great that even taking it to the lowest on-system setting, I like to turn the reducer on my phone as it's too strong for my apartment (I don't want to annoy the neighbors).

14. iBreatheApple thread starter macrumors 68020

iBreatheApple