Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thebigmeowski

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 8, 2013
Hello, please excuse the hassle, but I have no idea what I should do. I was cleaning my screen, and a few little drops of water fell into my Macbook's keyboard (near the F5, F6 buttons). I turned it off, cleaned it off as much as possible, but I did not blow dry it or anything. I just turned it back on, it functions as normal for now, should I do something more or should I just leave it as that? Thank you a lot and again sorry, I know these kind of threads happen from time to time and I read a couple of those, but most of them appeal when you seriously spill sth inside and there were like literally a two, three drops and I hope I managed to clean the most of it off before falling down (but we know its all a question of miliseconds...) :(.

johnnnw

macrumors 65816
Feb 7, 2013
I'm sure you're fine. If it was literally a coupe of drops I wouldn't worry.

It takes a good amount of liquid to set off the sensors.

If every things fine forget about it :)

thebigmeowski

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 8, 2013
I'm sure you're fine. If it was literally a coupe of drops I wouldn't worry.

It takes a good amount of liquid to set off the sensors.

If every things fine forget about it :)

Thank you very very much for your quick reply! :) And again, sorry to bother you all! I thought there may be some "tricks" to perform apart from what I already did (if sb knows some I'd be glad to know, though ;) ). I will try to monitor situation then...

johnnnw

macrumors 65816
Feb 7, 2013
Thank you very very much for your quick reply! :) And again, sorry to bother you all! I thought there may be some "tricks" to perform apart from what I already did (if sb knows some I'd be glad to know, though ;) ). I will try to monitor situation then...

Besides praying it survives after water damage the only real "trick" is the rice thing, but that won't help in your situation of only a few drops.

Just hope it all is fine :)

It's too late now but next time or something I would of waited a day or so before turning it back on but oh well.

colinreid

macrumors member
Mar 24, 2013
Scotland
I just broke the screen on the MBP...I didn't realise that the USB cable was caught between the screen and the keyboard until I closed the lid and was like damn!

I've had this for 7/8 months and I bought Apple Care, do you think they would replace the screen or get a new one If I called In?

leman

macrumors Core
Oct 14, 2008
I just broke the screen on the MBP...I didn't realise that the USB cable was caught between the screen and the keyboard until I closed the lid and was like damn!

I've had this for 7/8 months and I bought Apple Care, do you think they would replace the screen or get a new one If I called In?

Apple Care does not cover accidents, only warranty cases. You will have to pay for repairs yourself.

alphaod

macrumors Core
Feb 9, 2008
NYC
That's rubbish..Wonder how much that would cost.

About $300-$600 depending on how charming you are.

They could even like you so much it'll end up costing nothing.

(Also you should create your own thread next time.)

0dev

macrumors 68040
Dec 22, 2009
A few small drops won't do anything. I spray grapefruit juice over my MBP all the time just by eating grapefruits while browsing and I'm all good.

Smashed screen guy, can you claim on your home insurance?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.