a few iP5 rumors

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sulpfiction, Feb 1, 2012.

1. sulpfiction macrumors 68030

sulpfiction

It looks like rumor season is going to start heating up again over the next 2-3 months. And while I take each with a grain of salt, I still enjoy reading them.

9to5Mac is reporting that “a reliable source at Foxconn in China” has revealed details about Apple’s next iPhone – namely that it’s “currently being geared up for production,” according to the blog.

As for the reliability of this source, 9t05Mac says, “This source is the same that indicated to us late last summer that the iPhone 5 wasn’t happening against the prevailing tide of information, and Apple was building the iPhone 4S model instead.”

The iPhone 5 apparently exists at Foxconn – where many of Apple’s devices are manufactured –in the form of “various sample devices” instead of one finished, ready-to-go device, but 9to5Mac reports that all of the samples have the following features in common:

4+ inch display (made by LG on at least one of them)

No teardrop-shaped devices as were rumored in the lead up to the iPhone 4S. Samples so far have been symmetrical in thickness. Also longer/wider.

None of the sample devices have the iPhone 4/4S form factor

None of the devices are final versions

The blog also posits that the lead-time allotted for the production of a new iPhone would line it up for a release around June of this year, just in time for Apple’s big developer conference when past iPhones have been unveiled. Apple recently bucked that trend by waiting until October to announce the iPhone 4S.

2. DerekRod macrumors 6502a

DerekRod

How is that details on the device?Its details on production which I doubt they would start now.They just caught up on the 4S's production

3. sulpfiction thread starter macrumors 68030

sulpfiction

No details..Just another rumor. And I got news for you...The next iPhone is without doubt "gearing up for production". What "gearing up" means, I don't know. But I am sure plans are being made and it is being talked about.

And just for the record. The current state of 4S production has nothing to do with the current state of the 5.

4. cynics macrumors G3

Best thing is to just wait until apple releases the specs. That way you won't be let down. Apple isn't exactly known for massive upgrades.

Unlike other phone manufactures who aren't limited to basing there new model off another. The next iPhone will be an iPhone. For example Motorola can change directions entirely or make two different phones (like razr maxx or droid 4) both can appeal to two different consumer types (namely people that like a physical keyboard).

I think we'll see two maybe three noticeable differences (upgrades to most).

5. yeah macrumors 6502a

yeah

Giggity :D

6. DerekRod macrumors 6502a

DerekRod

This iPhone is going to redesigned and will have a feature everyones gonna copy like FaceTime