Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nicallen63

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 23, 2008
Orlando, FL
If i sign up with AT&T tomorrow on an individual iphone plan, and a month later i add two more lines and change my plan to a family plan does that extend my contract with AT&T? Also will my discount be applied to the two other lines and their data plans?

Thanks

Rajani Isa

macrumors 65816
Jun 8, 2010
Rogue Valley, Oregon
As far as I know, it won't extend your primary line. However, if you add two lines and get subsidized phones for them, you will have those two lines starting at their start date.

ecschwarz

macrumors 65816
Jun 28, 2010
I'll agree with both of those - there are a few odd FAN discounts that will apply to certain data plans (I could have gotten one on the $25 2GB plan - I think it was the 15% I had - but decided to keep unlimited data which did not have a discount). I added a family member to my individual plan, making it a family plan and we just had to pay the higher monthly rate. We did not get a new phone for that line either, and so it could be added or removed at will with no negative consequences.

techiegirl

macrumors 65816
Sep 7, 2007
I'm with Jordan921. It all depends on which FAN account you have. The only iPhone data that I don't have discount on is the 2G $20 plan. I've had discount on all the others, and not only the primary line.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.