A few questions about lost pictures/hard drive recovery/etc.

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by nygiants242, Apr 30, 2008.

1. nygiants242 macrumors member

Hello, I just have a few questions and your feedback/help/recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

About 2 months ago, my Macbook's hard drive failed, and I was stupid enough (yes I am an idiot) not to back up my photos. As Apple said it was pretty damaged, I sent it to a place in California and they said it was unrecoverable.

1.) Do any of you know of better places/have had situations like this arise for recovering hard drive information? Where should I go from now?

For a set of the pictures, I made an iMovie which is now in movie file format.. like .avi or .mpeg or whatever.

2.) Is there anyway I can convert that back to the iMovie format so that I can access the picture files that were in the iMovie show?

Thank you

2. chscag macrumors 65816

1. If you've already sent the drive to a data recovery place and they stated the data on the drive is unrecoverable, I doubt you would have better luck anywhere else. Besides, that kind of recovery is expensive. I guess it depends on how valuable your photos are to you.

2. Try this LINK:

http://www.macgurus.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20355

They seem to have some info and suggestions that may help you to convert back to iMovie.

Regards.